Activa rear suspension problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

Activa rear suspension problem

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Hi
I seem to have a problem with my newest car in that the suspension was fine until yesterday then suddenly the back only has 2 options... up and down the front although jerky seems to be acting normally.
After about 10 minutes of citrobics the car started to rise at the front much better than before but the back is still having problems, when the car trys to rise at the back it comes up slowly generally the drivers side first then the passenger side (about 10 degrees differences but they both rise together). then when the car should stop rising there is a bang and the back hits the floor (made me jump I can tell you!)the car then doesn’t try and raise the back at all until you change the height setting.
I have 2 thoughts but haven’t had time to check either... 1 the fluid I would think is probably original and therefore needs replacing 2 the rear height corrector is either faulty or has managed to separate its self from its mounts...
Any other ideas are welcome...
Andy
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Andy. My guess is the HC has finally said enough is enough. It is the differing rates of rise across the car that puzzles.
Also check your trailing arm bearings are OK. Are the wheels upright when veiwed from behind? They should be | | and not / or \
A get out and get under job I suspect but please take precautions against suspension collapse.