I reset my ECU and got a free alarm!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

The later models did not have the underbonnet switch.
Are you sure yours is a '97 model? Is it a hatch or estate?
mattpc

Post by mattpc »

If you are using the plip then surely the alarm isn't armed until you double lock the system with the 2nd button on your plip? On my xantia button 1 locks the doors, button 2 deadlocks and arms the alarm.
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

My Xant is a 97 without the key switch under the bonnet and I have never had need to disable the alarm which I understand can be done. However the troublesome element is the internal sensors in the doors by the mirrors. These can be disabled by holding in the push button on the right hand side of the steering wheel until the light on the dash comes on steadily and then locking and alarming the vehicle as normal. It allows you leave a dog for example in the car and yet able to double lock it and alarm it.
Replacement of sensors is not difficult nor dreadfully expensive but they are Citroen dedicated spares which have to be replaced in pairs. Robin
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Slightly off topic - does any one know if the AX (96) is supposed to have an immobiliser? it is a basic Dimension but can find nothing on the car.
I have fitted an obligatory winking LED to the dash!