zx 16v rocker cover

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

benj
My Cars:

zx 16v rocker cover

Post by benj »

hai all,
desperatly after a 2.0 zx 16v rocker cover, after fully rebuilding my engine i have somehowmanaged to chipthe corner of mine off, had the engine running perfect but cant take the car for a run as the rocker cover is leaking oil onto the exhaust manifold!! reall annoying after not having driven the car for two years!!
anyone know where i could get hold of one? i already know the 1.9 mi16 one wont fit and the later 2.0 16v engines have a different design... do citroen sell them? if so anyone know how much? any avdvice appreciated..
cheers
ben
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Yep ive got mine which is off the car, I think some of the paints flaked off but the cover itself should be at least 100% compelte, will take a photo tommorow and upload it for you.
So what was the problem with yours, I remember it didnt run right and you tried all sorts and thought about selling it at one point?
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

hmm just realised you mean the entire rocker cover, not just the bit that covers the ignition modules and plugs on the 16v? Well still got mine, will take photo and can remove it on friday before it goes to the breakers if youre interested
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

yes yes very interested!!! what other bits do youhave? i need the plastic intake thingy that joints the throttle housing, I traced my problem down to a cracked vacuum module housing you know that little cylinder that is placed on the right hand side of the head with vacuum tubes connecting to it. how come your not selling the engine?
I am desperate for the rockercover so if you could get it off and send it first class parcel asap!!! I can pay you direct online if you have a lloydstsb account I can credit? need to get this car on the road before christmas so please get back, my mobile number is 00 33 677029407 (it is a french one, i live there now) but you can text it same as uk one Im in the uk till the 27th, cheers
Ben
Last edited by benj on 22 Nov 2012, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
ben
'93 ZX 16V - now perfect, the best?
'91 Fiesta RS Turbo
'81 Janspeed turbo mk1 fiesta xr2
'89 mk1 golf cab
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

not selling the engine because it burnt oil and mayonaised a fair bit and dont want the hassle of removing it from the car. The plastic intake thingy, you mean the one that goes onto the throttle housing and the other end onto the air filter box and in the middle of it, it has 2 other breather pipes that plug into it?
I can remove them on friday when I have the day off and post them then. No online banking so will need a cheque from you, will email you address etc.
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

yes thats the pipe, will send you cheque today so you should get the check by friday? could you do me a favour and send it by first class ? I will cover all costs, in cheque, name your price in the mail, cheers!!