Peugeot Dealer Parts Catalogue online

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alexp-j
My Cars:

Peugeot Dealer Parts Catalogue online

Post by alexp-j »

Includes Pug part numbers.
http://www.elcats.ru/peugeot
After the initial parts sreen, it's listed in English
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Thats a good find, may I also suggest feeding the link via http://www.altavista.com/babelfish as it can then translate the russian to english.
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

After you've used it a few times you get used to what the pictures mean. Then the part details are in English anyway.
PeanutOil
My Cars:

Post by PeanutOil »

Having purchased the peugeot parts catalogue on cd from ebay (of dubious legality) I am considering publishing it to the web, (even greater dubiousness!) as an exercise in learning how to write HTML. The original navigation of the catalogue is pretty dire, and some of the descriptions are vague (some even wrong). If I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it properly and spend some time making it actually useable.
Is it worth my time going though this and publishing it? If it is, then I'll do it. Otherwise I shan't bother.
PeanutOil
My Cars:

Post by PeanutOil »

..... and if anyone would like a copy of the catalogue, Email me. it's on 2 cd's, so about 50p for 2 CDRs and 50p postage. Not bad for something that a peugeot dealer assured me they pay thousands of pounds for from Peugeot france (I suspect he may have been telling porkies though)
alexp-j
My Cars:

Post by alexp-j »

In theory if you've got some webspace you could put it up for download, maybe on ftp. maybe password protect it so only a closed group can download. ie who you give the password.
Is yours up to date? I assume the russians keep their's updated because they are selling the parts from the same site.
PeanutOil
My Cars:

Post by PeanutOil »

it certainly seems up to date, although the only changes made on older car information now is correcting mistakes (there are a couple) or substituting in new part numbers (which peugeot can do from the old numbers anyway)