Knock Knock...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mrbump
My Cars:

Knock Knock...

Post by mrbump »

There isnt a punchline 'cos I dont have an answer yet.
My zx has started making a clunking from the left front when quickly coming on and off the power. The movement also tugs at the steering wheel - pulls left when powering off, pushes right when powering on. I suspected wishbone bushes like usual, but all have ben changed and it still persists.
I had to change this hub recently due to an ovalised balljoint hole, so I am hoping it's not that again...[:(]
My question is, when the gearbox mount under the battery tray gets worn, what are the symptoms? Can it allow actual movement in the steering as described?
If it is the hub again, what could be causing it? I fitted a brand new ball joint and bolt when I changed the hub which was perfectly round when fitted..
Any ideas[?]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I'd say check the left track rod balljoints (outer & inner), and have the front wheels tracking checked.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Had the same on my old ZX TD, turned out to be the drive shaft was kn***erd. Just replace the shaft on oil seal. As for the engine mount under the battery. After 10 years the hole in mine had worn slightly oval but only at the top of the mount not the bottom. Nether big jobs to replace. Only thing to watch is if you by the mount from GSF there's 2 sizes, big and small. Mine was the big one but bought the small had to go back and replace it.
cornishbx16v

Post by cornishbx16v »

if it is none of the above, may be worth looking at the bottom arm bushes on that side!!