DUMPED CAR !!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

DUMPED CAR !!

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Car parked adjacent to my home.
How about this for a wind up!
Car has been in the road for some time after an R.T.A. The headlamp is damaged along with the bonnet, bumper, front panel, radiator, front O/S wing the list goes on!
The car is still taxed, but I think the owner has forgotten to claim it back.
It's causing a major problem with parking.
Although because it's still taxed, even though the MOT has probably run out, and therefore the insurance is now void.
Apparently nothing can be done about it until the tax runs out!
Surely if it's parked in the road it should be safe!
It might have been someones pride, and joy it certainly is not now, and it's 12 years old, there are more controls on incorrectly sited skips![:(][:(]
So at the end of March 2005 it will have been there for over 5 months, but if you, or I park in the wrong spot for five minutes we can get a ticket on a legal undamaged car, or Ken Livingstone charges us for driving it in London. (A tax on a tax!)
I have vehicles which are off the road, but they are SORNed, and parked OFF the road where they are out of the way of others.
The road is on the approach to a junior school, but apparently the authorities can't do anything about it until the tax runs out. Even though the R.T.A. leaves it damaged with edges that are not smooth compared to pre accident.[V][:(!][V][:(!]
Maybe if the tax disc could not be read, (obscured I think, HA HA) then the problem would be solved as it would not be technically taxed.
No, it's not a Citroen, and is a piece of C**P that also had other problems when in use!
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

Set light to it
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Have you reported it to the cops? It may have been stolen in which case they can contact the driver / owner to remove it or they will impound it. Also it may have been used in a 'bank job' so to speak and have an interest report on the Police National Copmuter . You never know.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Nick the tax disc out of the window - owner will soon be sent a nice "non display of tax" fine.
And if that fails, shove it into the middle of the road and call the police
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Ah yes that's a better solution to your problem. Or you could E-bay it using the phrase "no V5 but it'll be in the post" and then sell it to some shady looking european type.
allmond
My Cars:

Post by allmond »

If it poses a danger - sharp edges etc - the local authority are duty-bound to remove it.
Jamie
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">the local authority are duty-bound to remove it<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">, along with a lot of other things like housing the homeless, gritting the roads, and clearing up dogs##t, none of which they do, either!!
If its taxed, parked legally and not causing an obstruction, they won't be interested.
Accident damage may cause it to fail its next MOT, but if it wasn't damaged at the time it was on the testers ramp,then the cert will still be valid-it may even still be insured!!!
If it was round my way, the pikies would have had it stripped and the kids burned out the rest long ago!
I would lay money a neighbour's bought it as a spares donor and is keeping quiet about it..........who's got something similar near by..............[}:)]
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

If it gets vandalised it will probably go.
When I lived in London the street I was on was used to sell very dodgy cheap cars along the road. But sometimes if they were there for a while bits would start to go... I rember a mark 2 golf GTI for about £200 that was gradually stripped until just a shell left, and then it was filled with rubbish, but eventually taken away!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I spoke to the council initially, and the jobsworth t**t in parking control said, I quote "As I have been to check on the car, and it's parked parallel to the kerb, and it's taxed I can't do anything about it." Although I managed to put all the relevant information to him it fell on deaf ears.
The road has no parking restrictions on it, because if the offending car was on a yellow line then that might help, (maybe I could paint one there HA HA LOL) as they might then do something.
So with the approach to the council not working I called the D.V.L.A after eventually getting through to a human being, having gone through so many options[|)][|)]I spoke to a woman who carried out various checks on the registration, P.N.C. etc etc. It turns out the vehicle is correctly taxed, and it will run out at the end of March 2005. Apparently it has no outstanding problems on their records so they will not be able to do anything about it.[:(!][:(!]
Now, with the frustration level increasing I telephoned the police, hoping that I might get some help there.
Well this again was a waste of time, they can't and won't do anything about it until the tax runs out!! [:(!][:(!]
This is unbelieveable!!!!
I saw the car in use previously, and it is connected with a rented house so these extra transient current (hopefully not for long) residents, who live a few houses away, obviously don't give a s**t. It actually had a problem with the alarm before, which kept on going off at all hours. On top of that it had regular problems with starting, and now we have to put up with this parking problem, oh f*****g h**l what next. [:(!][:(!]
When the house they are in was owner occupied things were better, but now with four young blokes renting we had a problem without their old motors being cast off, and left in the street.
I think I will now look into calling the breakers around, to see if they can get it out of the way, or I will implement a reply/suggestion posted here!![:D][:D]
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Well, the call to the breakers didn't work out!
They will touch it, if it's been abandoned, and if the council has put an abandoned notice on it.
Back to square one![:(!][:(!]
Have you ever felt like you are going around in circles, and that the system is working against you?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Do I detect a little touch of Nimbyism here?- Its taxed, its legally parked, its not known to PNC, whats the problem?
Relax[8D]!!!! Live and let live...............
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes OK point taken!
Although it has been there over two months so far, and is liable to be there for over five to six months overall!
They also do have off street parking.
So to explain, I am not a NIMBY type just a frustrated motorist who wanted to let off steam with this rant/moan, and also find out about other peoples views on the subject.
OK rant over.
Now I'll go, and chill out[:D]
Although I think I'll turn the heating on first.[:D]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I am sympathetic, the local chavs park their untaxed wrecks on our parking area with apparent impunity, when I have the temerity to have an extra vehicle there I get whinged at, its the old story of respectable folks being a softer target, I wouldnt recommend damaging it any further or the chavs offspring are likely to emulate you and do all cars in the street!
Stewart
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

No offspring yet!
Otherwise things could be worse! [:D]
Just four guys I think, at the last count, renting a house.
All single giving it the large one!
More cars than sense. Usaully six !
If the accident damaged car is now of no further use then scrap it!
I think the cost of repairs actually exceeds the value of the car.
It would seem posing in the one's that are OK, and going down the pub with the sub blasting out like Ali G [:D] is more important than being responsible.
Basically they are a bit brain [xx(] !
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

occasionally i buy a car to strip for spares and store the parts in the loft. Done this twice in the last 12 months. As its BX's i strip, and they leave with no wheels or suspension i have to order in a breaker/scrapman with a HiHab to take them away. For which they charge me.
Now because i work during the day and they tend to only pick up on weekedays, i simply drive round before work, pay them there money, give them the location and the reg and go to work. When i get home the car is gone, and as i usually dont require any paper work (never buy the cars with paper work any ways) its all pretty simple.
Can you see any way this would be a helpfull story?