help!!! what shall i do with the 306

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andy155
My Cars:

help!!! what shall i do with the 306

Post by andy155 »

hi all
my girl friend has a L reg 306 1.8 xt witch has become a right blag with its electrics[V]we have had the car for 18 mounths and it was a v good car for her first car! it was nippy and had all the creature comforts and she loves it!
about four mounths ago! my girl frind was driving back on a quite little a road when she could smell smoke and then saw the fuse box court fire[:0][:0][:0] as far as i know theres a short in the fuse that worked the dash lights and tail light! i took it to three diffrent electritions and thay did'nt even have a clue! she had it back the other week thinking it was sorted so we could sell it! then i noticed the dash lights don't work still, theres no centrol locking and now the alarm is dodgy!![:(], we can't sell it like this! my suggestion is breaking it and sell the bits seperatly
only problem is ! it just passed its mot the other day!
beezer

Post by beezer »

Fuse 4 should be the panel lights and central locking etc. The tail lights are from different fuses - 19 and 21.
andy155
My Cars:

Post by andy155 »

as far as i know! the fuse that is nakerd workes the dash lights and left tail light! which keeps on shorting but for some reason! the centrol locking somehow causing the short! yet its a diffrent fuse! now evey time i lock it! its just unlocks itself! but why does the alarm keep whalling! how do i dissconnected it?? dissconnecting the battery no use[:(]it has a bloody back up battray!!!! i can't shut the bloody thing up[:(][:(][:(]
beezer

Post by beezer »

Right - you must have a 13 fuse box in which case it is fuse 12 which is blowing. If the thing caught fire it may have melted some wires and they are shorting with one another. There may well be a way of turning off the alarm with your key but I do not know the 306 well enough. The control module should be in the footwell on the driver's side. I will try and get some further info. In the meantime see if there is anything which helps on this thread:http://www.preloved.co.uk/fuseaction-fo ... 47a8a.html
andy155
My Cars:

Post by andy155 »

Thanx dude[;)]the wires were melted from the fire but no further damage was done! just the fuse box! so we replaced the fuse box and wirering! then rewired the left tail light so it was'nt running off the same fuse as the dash lights! one main thing i want to do is kill off the alarm and imoblisser, see what this link says[;)]
i may be better off breaking it for spears! the girlfriend whats a 206 but she can't have one till she gets rid of the 306
the car ain't worth bugger all as it is now! its an L-reg with 125000 miles on the clock[xx(]