wet Xantia floor

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

windy
My Cars:

wet Xantia floor

Post by windy »

The passenger side front carpet in my Xantia is permanently wet. I am not losing any coolant, so it can't be a leaking heater, and there are no aparent sources for water to thrown up under the floor.
The only thing I wondered about was whether water could be running off the windscreen and into the heater air intake and then finding its way across the heater matrix and down on to the floor.
Has anybody else had a similar problem?
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Have you got aircon and if so do you use it a lot.
Common for the sunroof drains to become blocked and leak into cabin.
Dave
MW
My Cars:

Post by MW »

<Common for the sunroof drains to become blocked and leak into cabin.>
I believe you can get problems if you leave the car parked on a steep slope in the rain. They tell me that the sunroof gutters go into reverse! (Never had that one myself, though.)
What's the windscreen seal like? A friend had this with his Astra, the floorpan was absolutely soaked. The H20 was being permanently trickled through a gap in the seal and then running down inside the door pillars before eventually re-emerging into daylight in the footwell.
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

Might be of no use, but after fitting a new stereo and power cable direct to the battery through the bulkhead in my old BMW, I got a soggy carpet through the bulkhead grommet I had disturbed. Not sure if there are even any on the Xantia, but it might be worth a look.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

is the scuttle panel fully bonded to the windscreen ? they can come loose & cause water to leak in through the heater intake.
windy
My Cars:

Post by windy »

Thanks everybody for the tips. I have had a look and in fact the scuttle panel isn't bonded to the windscreen on the passenger side. I'll get some sealant in and if this doesn't work, I'll try the sunroof drains.
Thanks again.
pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Post by pete_wood_uk »

The scuttle panel can crack as well, to the same effect. This thread is relevant:
http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... C_ID=10127
Cheers
Pete
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

I had this on my Xantia, it needs sealing under the windscreen where the glass meets the bodywork at the bottom of the screen.
Remove the wipers, then remove the plastic trim that meets the windscreen. Get some sealant and pump upwards under the glass where it meets the bodywork. This will fill the gap and stop the capillery action causing the wet floor.
Paul.
windy
My Cars:

Post by windy »

OK, thanks again for tips and to the link to the earlier discussion re. the same problem.
Incidentally, Paul, do you currently run all the cars in the list at the bottom of your message? It's just that I have got a pair of Ami replacement sills somewhere. They are genuine Citroen parts but bought a long time ago. Can't remember if I bought them for the Ami 8 that we had years ago or for the Ami Super that followed it, but may be the same part fits both models. If you are interested, let me know and I could hunt them out and see if they are still OK.
John
2cvracer28
My Cars:

Post by 2cvracer28 »

<font color="blue"></font id="blue">
Hello Windy.
I see you may have some Ami parts hanging around.
I'm in the process of gathering the bits together for an Ami 8 service van rebuild.If no one else is interested can you let me know please.
Thanks.
Pete
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

The Ami8 is at a friends at the moment, but it has had recent new cills fitted, thankyou for the thought though
Paul
windy
My Cars:

Post by windy »

Pete
I have sent you an e-mail to save blocking up the forum.
John