306 locks

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

batwad
My Cars:

306 locks

Post by batwad »

Hi,
I'd always thought that the late 306s came with deadlocking as standard. This was called into doubt the other day when it occurred to me that my 306 (x-reg HDI GLX) doesn't appear to be deadlocking the doors.
Is there any way I can check if I've got deadlocks? If not, has anyone ever retro-fitted them?
chriswales6

Post by chriswales6 »

Hi,
My 98’ R reg 306 has deadlocks, I have the old style IR remote with two buttons the big one locks and unlocks the car. The small one works the deadlocks, you can also set them manually by locking the car with the key in the door. Turn the key to lock the car, then turn the key a bit further and you should hear another electric sort of noise and the deadlocks will be set.
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

Precisely what used to happen on my old '94 306. The new one's got a 2-button keyfob (RF not IR) but the big one locks and the little one unlocks. The handbook says to press the big one a second time to active deadlocks, or to do the key-in-lock trick you describe.
Sadly neither of these things seem to actuate deadlocks on my car [:(]
chriswales6

Post by chriswales6 »

Sounds like something has gone wrong with it then, since you have fairly high spec car so it should have them.
I take it you have tested the deadlocks by either locking yourself (or a willing volunteer) in the car. If the deadlocks are working then the door won’t open when you use the internal handle.
I don’t know how the deadlocks work, it maybe something as simple as replacing a fuse.
Paulmi16
My Cars:

Post by Paulmi16 »

The deadlocks and alarm are set by using the smaller button on the key after using the big button first. The second button deadlocks and sets the alarm. You should see the indicator lights flash and hear the deadlocks operate.
Paul.
batwad
My Cars:

Post by batwad »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Paulmi16</i>

The deadlocks and alarm are set by using the smaller button on the key after using the big button first. The second button deadlocks and sets the alarm. You should see the indicator lights flash and hear the deadlocks operate.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
That's how it worked on my old (1994) 306, but the later ones use the large one to lock and the small on to unlock. The handbook says to press the large button a second time after locking to enable the deadlocks and alarm. This does nothing on my car [:(]
kevin
My Cars:

Post by kevin »

My 306 has deadlocks, if you operate the locks normally by the key, try holding the key in the lock position for a couple of seconds after the central locking has activated, if you hace deadlocks you will hear another "click". This is the deadlocks working. With a window open try to unlock the door by the button, if it has a resistance then you have working deadlocks.
Usually if the vehicle is fitted with central locking then you will have deadlocks.
Kevin