VSX alarm problem, lights stuck on?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Would the alarm operate the headlamps ?
I dont think so.
This really sounds like an electric gremlin. Something like a false current path through a headlights relay.
From factory the Xantia is NOT equipped with a headlights relay - other than any dim-dipped relay fitted.
Dont know where this relay would be located, but have a look under the carpets at the sidewalls in the front footwells.
Any relay removed that will extinguish the headlamps would be a clue to the problem.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

It just came to my mind that a couple of years ago we had a discussion on this issue on the swedish Citroen Q&A.
Here it is common that the dim-dipped relay simply burns out because of the heat generated by the coil.
It would be at LHS under carpets in front footwell if my old memory serves me correct ...
beezer

Post by beezer »

The alarm does flash the headlights - at least on the M reg vsx model I have just worked on. Haynes wiring diagram points to a 'dipped beam supply relay for alarm'. A poor connection here might account for the problem. My computer info does not mention where this relay is but looks like it is most likely with the other relays to the right of the steering column. - Right Anders - there should be a control module under the passenger footwell carpet.
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi,
My VSX alarm makes the headlights flash in conjunction with flashers. Thats why I took out fuse F17, alarm fuse, because it was doing it all the time. This may be of interest to you. The headlights should flash on and off with indicators, but only when alarm is activated.
Greg
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
On the 405 I have with the same rubbish PSA / Texton alarm, There is a Brown relay located next to the alarm control box & diagnostic socket under the drivers seat.
This is the alarm headlamp supply relay.