Well I Never......

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Well I Never......

Post by martyhopkirk »

The nice people at Citroen Slough have sent me an AX handbook, which i have just read from cover to cover....
Citroen made a 4x4 AX![:0]
Never seen one. has anyone? Wonder if the system could be retro fitted to another AX? Could be fun an off roader AX.[}:)]
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Ah yes the AX diffdog model, might be fun though.
Stewart
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I have dreams of the 4wd visa some nights sigh, you know they also made a 4wd saxo as well for competition :)
Jon

Post by Jon »

Sadly. Also a C15 4x4 and a Berlingo 4x4. They were built by a company called Dangel.
Stinkwheel

Post by Stinkwheel »

Hmmmmm visa chrono, or maybe a mille pistes? OK I'll settle for a 115CH GTi again, anyone know the whereabouts of E66GRP?
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

I have seen the AX 4x4 in france, no obvious differences to look at apart from the badge on the back! Of course there was BX4x4 (and counterpart 405 4x4). Dangel have been converting Peugeot Citroen for years in to mud plugging 4x4. ( http://www.dangel.fr ), their current line up is Citroen Berlingo & Peugeot Partner, Peugeot Boxer & Citroen Jumper (Thats Relay to us!) and the Fiat Ducato (same thing!). They have also in the past marketed Peugeot 504 Estate, 504 Pick up truck, Peugeot 505 Estate, Citroen C15 and C25 to my knowledge.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

stinkwheel, mille piste was the 4wd, saw one for sale a few weeks back, if only I had 5K of spare money :( I still get annoyed that I missed the end of an auction on ebay just over a year ago for a LHD visa gti that someone had bought over with them when they moved to england. Had a 1.9 8v in it, no rust as it was from south of france and went for about £500 sigh. Slapped myself!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

On the subject of 4X4 have any of you seen that Renault 'Kangoo' 4X4? The local Reno dealer by me has a demo one for sale (sorry had) with all the options on it. Looked ok. Slightly higher ride height than normal but apart from that it looked the same as a regular one.
beezer

Post by beezer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

On the subject of 4X4 have any of you seen that Renault 'Kangoo' 4X4? The local Reno dealer by me has a demo one for sale (sorry had) with all the options on it. Looked ok. Slightly higher ride height than normal but apart from that it looked the same as a regular one.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Called the Trekka and has quite a following:
http://www.kangoo.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
http://www.kangoo4x4.com/
If someone were to convert a Reliant Robin to power on all the wheels would it be a 3X3? It would complement all those misused lumps at school time in suburbia.
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

I just love watching a Reliant Robin in the snow where all the other traffic has left that untouched hump in the middle.
David
beezer

Post by beezer »

This one might make you look twice!
http://www.reviewcentre.com/review34489.html
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

lol!!! I cant look at robins without cracking up as twice this year ive seen them at my local stock car track. Half of them roll on the corners, some get the back out. The real good drivers lean on the outside fence heh. One time before they put down small jumps on the straights as well! By the end most of their bodys had fallen off etc!
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

[:D][:D]LOL A GTI Robin. You are having a giraffe!!! HA HA HA[:D][:D]
beezer

Post by beezer »

"Comment by nigel spankalot. on 26th Aug 2003

I have a Bugatti eb110 quad turbo lump in mine and can wheelie it. I would be interested to meet with someone who owns a Nissan Skyline to arrange a race. It has 6" alloys and ive used an old ironing board for a spoiler. It has a tartan interior and built in colostomy bag. "
http://www.reviewcentre.com/review20135.html
kevin
My Cars:

Post by kevin »

Many years ago, a retired hill shepherd was going up the local valley and his reliant robin ran underneath the back of a Range Rover on a hump-back bridge and lifted it up. There was little damage to the plastic pig but the Range rover was a write off as the ladder chassis was bent!!
He used to take some sheep to a local auction mart in a trailer pulled by his beloved robin.