Xantia Hydraulic pump.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

adzbaby
My Cars:

Xantia Hydraulic pump.

Post by adzbaby »

I had a fella ask me about buying my hydraulic pump off me.
The pump I have available is off my old 94 1.9TD LX, has two metal hydraulic pipes going to and from and a larger bore rubber hose.
The guy only has one metal pipe attached to his. He said he went to a scrappy and they tried to sell him one like mine with 2 metal pipes and just told him to block one off. Now that sounded a bit dodgy to me!!
Surely there is a reason for the difference? Do both pipes just run off one chamber and can be blocked off as necessary? If so then i have a sale!![:D]
Cheers.
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

There are two types of pump fitted to the Xantia, one is a single outlet pump (which needs an flow divider valve if the car has power steering) and the double outlet pump which does not.
The two outlets on a double outlet pump are not connected, one is serviced by 6 pistons (for the power steering), the other has 2 pistons (for the suspension / brakes etc). They are variable outlet pumps but I'm not sure what the effect of blanking off one of the outlets would be.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I suspect the pump would just self-destruct (or more likely, lock up completely and slip the belt) if it was run with one outlet blanked off! It may be possible to tee the two outlets together, but it would be far easier to get the right pump in the first place.
alexx
My Cars:

Post by alexx »

It isn't possible to connect outputs, because one (connected to power steering) has pressure limiter inside the pump
mucky

Post by mucky »

I just did this job. Keep look,ing in the scrappers and you will find one. The one with 2 pipes and rubber is the common one to find
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Depending on the placement of the inlet/outlet you may well find that an early XM (<94) or a BX pump will fit.
//NiSk
rg
My Cars:

Post by rg »

Don't Pleiades in Sawtry (near Huntingdon UK)do fairly cheap exchange ones?
rg
http://www.pleiades.uk.com/
Terry Brooks
My Cars:

Post by Terry Brooks »

Depends what you mean by cheap. Currently £150 which is not far off what a Mk1 Xantia is worth? :-(
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I have a spare Xantia single outlet pump removed from a scrapper. Email me off forum if interesed
Stewart