ZX Alarm Control Box

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oldnail
My Cars:

ZX Alarm Control Box

Post by oldnail »

Can anyone tell me where the alarm control box is on a late ZX TD.
I have found the siran behind the nearside inner wing,but need to find the control box.Is it under the passenger seat as in some other models?Any help much appreciated.
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Is it a 3 or 5 door, mine is under the rear passenger side window behind the trim.
Mines a 3-Door by the way.
chemexhants
My Cars:

Post by chemexhants »

On the 5 door model it's behind the front passenger seat near the central door pillar.
Stephen
oldnail
My Cars:

Post by oldnail »

It’s a three door SX.Do you know if the control unit is the type fitted with a NicCad type battery.My alarm works fine apart from when you leave it switched off for any length of time. It then stops working until the car battery is disconnected and reconnected then it’s fine again. I have read elsewhere that some alarm modules a fitted with a rechargeable battery with a limited life span and wondered if these where the same.
VLL
My Cars:

Post by VLL »

Mine died ages ago, took it to bits and there was something resembling a battery soldered directly to the circuit board, so its probably not replaceable.
Might just be better trying to get a new control unit from a scrapped car, I beleive the box is the same for all models.