Filter in turbo oil line.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jonathan_dyane

Filter in turbo oil line.

Post by jonathan_dyane »

I have just been to try to get a new one of these after standing on mine [:(!], and according to the parts guy they are no longer available, and were not fitted to later models as after a high mileage they can block and cut off oil supply to the turbo (maybe if you never change the oil...) Apparently I should just assemble without it.
Is this true?
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Ok I admit to putting both my motors back together without the filters in the turbo lines, One was lost and the other one flew away, no problems so far.50k on one motor and 12 k on the other since losing the filters, I was told at the dealer that they come with the steel oil pipe if I really wanted one.
Stewart
fordsone27n
My Cars:

Post by fordsone27n »

I did exactly the same, broke the filter when I pulled the steel pipe out. Tried both Citroen and Peugeot garages with no success. Emailed turbo technics, for thier point of view and they reckoned putting it in was a bad move also.
Adrian
G4EIY
My Cars:

Post by G4EIY »

Hi,
When I took my turbo off the car "Garrett", I was very interested to see if the mesh filter was holding any rubbish, but no mesh filter was found.
Taken two other turbo's apart "KKK", and also no mesh filters.
I guess as long as the main oil filter is replaced at regular intervals it's OK..
These micro mesh filters were used on motor cycle petrol taps, and they were often neglected, and blocked up...
Cheers
jonathan_dyane

Post by jonathan_dyane »

Thanks guys, I won't worry about it's absence now...
Incidentally, I ended up going to a Peugeot dealer after having a massive row at the Citroen one because the parts guy refused to look anything up without a chassis number, and indeed said it was not possible. A total lie I'm sure, which was confirmed by the Peugeot parts guy. Well, I know where I'll go next time!