airbag warning light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

drpau
My Cars:

airbag warning light

Post by drpau »

Strange gremlins- initially it was my side airbag light that started coming on when driving- just a constant amber light, this has now stopped [:D], with me not having to touch any of the connectors under the seat. BUT, now the main AIRBAG light comes on everytime I start the car and it stays on, flashing away at me [V] , will this all be linked to the connectors under the seat or am I to expect my front airbag to go off in me Chevy Chase anytime soon?
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

It is the connectors underneath the seat , I just uplug replug them back in and does the trick for few months.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by simonelsey</i>

It is the connectors underneath the seat , I just uplug replug them back in and does the trick for few months.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
When I do this simon do I have to unplug battery and leave for ten minutes and all that jive or can I just unplug and replug without doing this?
Cheers
paul
simonelsey
My Cars:

Post by simonelsey »

I just make sure engine not running . I have have herd off people soldering the cables together to do a more permant fix.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

you can also open the plug up & take the terminals out and crimp them a bit,it will last a bit longer.as said above the permanant way is to solder & insulate the wires.
dan.2cv
My Cars:

Post by dan.2cv »

Trivia:
When I removed a seat and disconnected the seatbelt pyro connectors on my old '95 xantia, I noticed the orange connectors were BMW branded (with logo etc)
It all looked original and I know the car hadn't had a major shunt, so hows about that?
With regard to disconnecting the battery and waiting etc, It's a pain the the bum, but a lot less so than your airbags deploying! I always follow the rules when it comes to the pyro stuff.
Just think of the mess you'll get your pants in if you get it wrong.........