Estate boot cover

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

np
My Cars:

Estate boot cover

Post by np »

Today while closing the boot cover,one of the plastic lugs broke off when cliping in the cover to the retainer.I`ve managed to fix it by screwing in a 40mm screw into it,which fits in the catch.Looking at it,it apeers that there is no way of replacing it as it is a all in one affair.Would have to replace the whole cover.Unless anyone knows different????
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

Neil,
This happened to me last year.
Try this thread http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... IC_ID=5095
Richard
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Thanks for that Richard,interesting.I`ll have a closer look at it.I`ll see how it holds up.I use it a few times a day to put my work wear on.Maybe see if i can source the piece for it.Thanks.
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

I wrote in the thread Richard supplied and have to say that the repair is still holding well - after a year. We now have a heavier dog than the one that broke the lug in the first place and he too likes to jump up and down on the edge when the boot is opened.
It has been such a strong repair, I'd suggest you drill and screw the broken piece back on (if you have it of course). If you don't, and replace the part, you'll have to mend the replacement in the future.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

I repaired mine in the same way and put some washer hose over the screw to make it sit a litte more snug. I made a note of the part number so I could ask the local Citroen dealer if they stocked them or could get hold of one.
The one on the other side went about a year later so I repaired it the same way.
That was over a year ago......... Two years since the first one.......
Never did get round to enquiring about a replacement and I intend replacing the car early next year.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Still have it Dave.The wood screw on it at the mo seems fine,in place of the lug.Will have a good look soon,to tired/dark when home from work,w/ends all busy up till xmas.Will have to wait a while now.Sods law says the other side will break now.
Thanks
davek-uk
My Cars:

Post by davek-uk »

You're right Neil, if you mend one the other is likely to fail later. Once one snapped and I realised how easily they could break, I drilled and pinned the other side too. Anyway it's much easier to do them both together (and know the job is done) than it is to do one and have to do the other at a later date.