engine oil leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dazlad
My Cars:

engine oil leak

Post by dazlad »

hi ive got an oil leak and it seems to originate from the bottom of the plastic oil filler pipie (the one with the dipstick ) can this be repaired/modified or does it have to be replaced?
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

what car/engine is it?
dazlad
My Cars:

Post by dazlad »

Oops sorry its a 1993 xantia 1.9sxtd
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

its a bit of a tw*t to fix,its bhind the starter motor.the oil filler assy pushes onto a steel tube that has an "o" ring on it,and a jubilee clip holding it in place.[:)]enjoy!
weety
My Cars:

Post by weety »

done this job myself i am afraid you will have to take the starter motor of to get at it properly
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Nah, you can get the filler off with a bit of fiddling about. That pipe work though best to replace as it all goes brittle over time. The filler should be held on by just the 'O' ring on the metal tube. Replaced mine and the Citroen dealer gave me a print out of it.The 'O' ring is only pence and the pipe work again isn't too much.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I had to replace the breather pipe on mine last year.It had gone all brittle at the cam cover.It was a fiddley job trying to get the end at the filler neck.I got the pipe from Puegeot,as it was about £4.Citroen wanted £6.As StuartMcB says,best to do that at the same time.