Alarm Sonic Sensors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gregg1100
My Cars:

Alarm Sonic Sensors

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi All,
Whilst reading through all these posts, people seem to be able to get a pair of sensors for around £20 notes. On GSF, they are £19 EACH. Or was that a price from a few years ago.
Can anyone shed some light on the fact that if I replace my F17 fuse (alarm power ), the indicators flash as if Hazards are turned on, and headlights flash in unison. Have yet to go looking for alarm control unit, I only know that it isn`t under carpet. Every weekend it seems to bloody rain here. ( 97 16v 2ltr VSX ). The plip works the doors and deadlocks, ok.
Just ordered that idle stepper motor---£72+, GSF----- all those wasted drinking vouchers.
Thanks,
Greg
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

About 6 months ago I bought a pair of sensors from Citroen main dealer for about £25.
I think the flashing lights when you replace the fust have nothing to do with Christmas and would probably go away if you reset your alarm either with your plip or by using the dash button (unlock, push dash alarm button, turn on ignition within 10 seconds).
Mind you, I have only done that once as a dry run just in case mine stops responding properly to the plip.
PJ
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi Panjandrum,
Have done all that, thats why I pulled the fuse. Pigging car is getting on my wick.
Greg
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

Greg,
Sorry if I was being daft.
Now on very shakey ground - but I'm pretty sure the ECU should really be under the carpet under the passenger's seat.
PJ