Blown Electrics

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ross
My Cars:

Blown Electrics

Post by Ross »

Whilst jump starting my daughters car with my 106 xnd the lead earthed on the peugeot and blew the 25amp fuse - I have changed the fuse but still have no electrics although the ignition light now stays on permanently when the battery is connected - everything appears to have gone - is there another fuse box somewhere ? or has anyone any ideas (apart from don't do it again)
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

you havent stated what car the blown fuses are in! your 106 or the other car?[?]
Ross
My Cars:

Post by Ross »

Sorry - its the 1.4 106 xnd which has lost the electrics
beezer

Post by beezer »

According to the info I have there should be two fuse plates in the engine compartment and two under the fascia (one on top of the other). This is assuming your daughter's 106 is post '97. A wee fuse plate carrying the ignition fuses is located in the engine bay which could be the one. There are two fuses for the ignition switch and one that fuses the complete fascia fuse plates (fuse 4).
Looks like it is your 106 - so fuse 4 would be the likely one.
Ross
My Cars:

Post by Ross »

Thanks Beezer for your efforts - I located the fuses and after a long day managed to get it working once or twice but the repair didn't last as it appears a number of the circuits seem to be ok one minute and short the next - it was suggested this could be caused by damage to the alternator diodes - what do you think ?
beezer

Post by beezer »

It is possible that the alternator is damaged. Try disconnecting it and replacing the fuses that have blown. Then connect the alternator. Should confirm things.
Peter D
My Cars:

Post by Peter D »

I need a better descriprion of what went wrong and what polarity lead got earthed on which car and what was connected before I can help. Regards Peter