1994 Xantia SX radio changeable?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevieb5796
My Cars:

1994 Xantia SX radio changeable?

Post by stevieb5796 »

Hello people,
Further to my last post the other thing I wanted to ask is if it's possible to change the stereo in a 1994/95 Xantia SX. I think I heard somewhere that you can't. It's not a huge problem, but it would be better if I were able to put my MP3 player into the car...
Thanks
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

You can put any DIN standard stereo in a Xantia, once you've purchased an adaptor plate. IIRC, Halfrauds is the most expensive place for, followed by ebay; the cheapest is (apparently) Citroen! If you mean plugging an MP3 player into the existing stereo, the some units have a CD jack (line IN) on the front...don't know much more, though (like if they actually work!)
Gaskin
My Cars:

Post by Gaskin »

The radio in my Xantia has a 3.5mm jack input marked as CD in. I have successfully used CD players and MP3 players connecting the headphone sockets to the radio with a male to male 3.5mm jack cable. You tend to need to turn the volume of the CD/MP3 player up to the max to get good volume, but it works well. Alternatively you can get cassette adapters for CD/MP3 players. I've used one in my ZX, again with success. Both of these options have the advantage that you leave the existing radio in place which since they are old and dull looking is less of a target for passing scroats.... You also get to take the MP3 player with you. A MP3 playing CD player is less than £40 via various online shops, so its cheaper than a dedicated car radio/CD. OK you don't get the steering wheel controls for track changing, but hey you can't have it all.
Cheers
Duncan
davethewheel

Post by davethewheel »

my kenwood cd player fitted no probs into my xantia, just had to buy a reducing face plate as it is a fair bit smaller, didn't get the adaptor to work it off the steering wheel controls as it was about £40.00.