Help Bendix or Brembo?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnG
My Cars:

Help Bendix or Brembo?

Post by JohnG »

Need to take advantage of the free postage offer-discs to be replaced in the next 2 to 3 months.Should I go for OE Bendix or Brembo? The fact that GSF sell both for the same price has thrown me a bit.My perception is that Brembo are "better" because of competition association.Will they necessarily last longer;are they better "constructed"?.I am Quite light on brakes(barring the odd red mist moment)[:)][:)].Car is a 1995 Xantia TD 116K.Would have been sold or scrapped if it wasn't for this forum.Thanx.John.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Just put new Brembo discs on my Xsara from GSF. Great stopping now and the discs now have an easy to see wear guide on them. Two small dimples (for whant of a better word) on each disc, if you can see both disc ok, see only 1 time to start pricing up and thinking of replacement, see none and you need them doing right away. Very little cost but well worth it.
JohnG
My Cars:

Post by JohnG »

Thank you for that,Stuart.Brembo it is then!
JohnG
My Cars:

Post by JohnG »

Can anyone please confirm that N60116 is the correct GSF part number.It's just that when I change quantity in the on-line shop,fitment comes up as "Berlingo.All types."
Definitely not Confucius;definitely confused!!
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Looks like they should be the ones, they are 266mm Dia. X 20.5mm thick when new, best thing to do is whip a wheel off and measure the Dia.
Some later hatches ended up with estate front brakes, they are 283mm Dia X 22mm thick.
Dave
JohnG
My Cars:

Post by JohnG »

Thank you for that info,Dave.Much appreciated.
John.