ZX-SLOW ELECTRIC WINDOWS

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jimbolaya
My Cars:

ZX-SLOW ELECTRIC WINDOWS

Post by jimbolaya »

Anyone got any fixes for Vslow electric windows . These are REALLY slow and getting on my t***s
marty_t3
My Cars:

Post by marty_t3 »

Mine are the same mate. I read from someone recently it can be a bad earth that can be at fault. I'm going to investigate tomorrow so i'll post up whatever i find.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

have a good look at the wiring diagram. ZX windows seem to work very fast normally and I think they are wired with relays or something to give the motors a full battery voltage rather than about 11.5 which seems to be the norm on older cars.
jeremy
wilkobob
My Cars:

Post by wilkobob »

Hi all, just looked in my haynes book at the wiring diagram. There is a "Window energising relay" in the diagram, suppose this could be playing up, as theres only one for both windows. There are no seperate relays for both windows, just a live feed from the energiser relay to the switch, which in turn goes to the motor. Hope this helps,
Simon
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Try some silicone spray down the window runners and all the mechanism. My old ZX passenger window was like this and thats all I did. Worked great [:D]
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

Mine were the same on my old ZX & will probably be the same on this one - once they're fitted.
I thought about fitting Xantia motors as my mothers Xant's windows wizz up!