Typing dyslexia 2 & splelnig

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Robin
My Cars:

Typing dyslexia 2 & splelnig

Post by Robin »

Don't delete this because it looks weird. Believe it or not you can read it.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg.
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!
Hvae fun, roibn
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

You mean there is something actually wrong with that?
Looks like a perfectly normal eBay listing copy to me[:)]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Girl at work had a simalar sentence in a book from blackpool. Read it out loud no problems. Like marty says If you've been on E-bay you become immune to this kind of thing. LOL
Jon

Post by Jon »

That looks lile perfect English in comparison to the Max Power Forum or any Ebay listing.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I lose patience trying to decipher some of the postings on various boards. I can cop someone making a spelling mistake or hitting a wrong key, but I object to having to spend 5 minutes trying to work out which word they are trying not to have to spell.
One poster on one board I sometimes use was so bad that the moderator put a post up apologising that he "speaks in SMS language" but I corrected him by suggesting perhaps he should have spent more time listening to the teacher and less time looking out the window in English classes.
By the same token, try as I might and no matter how careful I am, I'll be buggered if I can get my head around T H E the first time; "teh" comes natural consistently as does remememeber....and I dddddoooonnn'''ttt stttuuttttterr either.[:D][:o)]
Alan S
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

As a pedantic git by profession I find this amazing. But the comforting point is that all the RIGHT letters need to be there, even if a lot of them are in the wrong order.
The opponents say ah but you can understand what I mean. But hey that takes a lot of effort on my part. What gives you the right to demand interpretation effort on my part instead of plain english effort on your part?