Cit's for sale in N.Z. - just for interest

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ScottFromNZ
My Cars:

Cit's for sale in N.Z. - just for interest

Post by ScottFromNZ »

Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

wow!! some of those prices are just give away for sterling. Whats the average salary down there?
ScottFromNZ
My Cars:

Post by ScottFromNZ »

Average annual salary in New Zealand is about $39,000 per year.
After tax it works out to about $28,000 - about $540 per week.
Plenty of skilled workers are on $55,000 to $80,000 though.
Average semi-skilled labouring jobs pay about $25,000.
New Zealand is a cheap place to buy used cars partly because for the last 15 years or so there has been heaps of 3 - 5 year old used cars imported from Japan and Singapore. This pushes the prices of most cars 3 years and older right down. Japanese cars and the Australian large Holdens and Fords dominate the market.
Even classics here are not too badly priced. Have a look at one of the dearer classic car dealers sites on www.classiccarsnz.co.nz
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Just had a look at the site as above. The wife and I some years ago were talking about moving down to your neck of the woods but with work etc blah, blah it never happend. On looking at the classic cars for sale and their prices the wife has said that she would be "a classic car widow,". I can see how my weeks end would be spent, MG's, Citroens's and Jags to name a few. Is the no interest in these sought after classic cars down under then ?
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Very interesting! [8D]
Thanks for posting the information.
I have a friend who has relocated to N.Z. a few years ago.
Looking at this I will have to book a long holiday, to meet up with him, to explore your lovely country, and to see the variety of cars you have there.[:D]
P.S. Apparently Holdens are now going on sale in the U.K.
There was a model featured on a T.V. programme we have here called Top Gear, this featured a cheap retail price, and a 5.7 litre Chevy engine in a sports coupe! Nice [8D] [8D]
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

yes but unfortunatly they badged it as Vauxhall over here. It would have sold far more as Holden due to the reputation, its the Monaro by the way.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I agree they should have left the Holden badge on it.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

same as the vauxhal vx220. People dont associate the vauxhall name with small 2 seat sports cars. Should have used a new name or again even Holden or something...
but back to this topic, ive got a friend emigrating to NZ and hes already read about the cheap jap cars and cant decide which turbo car to buy :)
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">vauxhal vx220<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Which is really a Lotus, or is the Lotus really a Vauxhall?........my brain hurts.........
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Been in that new big Holden / Vauxhall. Big monster red one. Only went with a mate to look at an Astra SXi. Talk about getting up and going, must of pulled 8G's when pulling away and then another 8G's when the brakes came on. NICE, HMMMMMM.
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

bxbodger: the chassis is more or less an elise with a vauxhall body and engine. Very good car just tarnished by the name
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

Been in that new big Holden / Vauxhall. Big monster red one. Only went with a mate to look at an Astra SXi. Talk about getting up and going, must of pulled 8G's when pulling away and then another 8G's when the brakes came on. NICE, HMMMMMM.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, that sounds lovely, like the V8. [:D]