Xantia air vent problem.....

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tboy113

Xantia air vent problem.....

Post by tboy113 »

Can anyone help, i have a 1.9TD xantia(96) that doesnt seem to blow on the windscreen. Air comes out all the other places except the windscreen vents! the heater works and the aircon works but cannot get the selector to blow on the windscreen.
it comes out the front, feet and sides.. but not onto windscreen.
This time of year it drives me mad waiting for the a/c to clear it.
HELP!!!!
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Hi, and welcome to this forum.
It sounds as though the cable has become disconnected behind the control sliders. It is an easy task but one for a bright and dry day if you are working outside!
Remove the surround to the radio, two screws at the bottom in the ashtray opening and gently lift up from here unclipping the side and then rotate it upward to unhook the top. Remove the screws from the panel and ease the radio forward to allow the slider panel to come up and forward. you should then be able to see what is happening.
The only other possibility is that the cable has come free at the heater end. Some fishing around in the footwell may reveal some clues. Good luck. Robin.
tboy113

Post by tboy113 »

wicked Robin, thats kinda what i thought but didnt want to just go digging into it. ill give it a look this weekend.... thanks again...
tboy113

Post by tboy113 »

worked a treat... the cable was bent and wasnt retracting into the sleve. I should replace it but i just disconnected it to push the air up on the windscreen.
Thanks again...
Robin
My Cars:

Post by Robin »

Good show, soon you will be advising others too! R
tboy113

Post by tboy113 »

well i got this xantia cheap so dont really want to spend any money on it. Im trying to do most of the repairs myself. Thanks again for the help!!! now just need to sort the suspension out....