draining water from radiator

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tjsingh

draining water from radiator

Post by tjsingh »

was wandering need to put anti freeze in the car. the tap at the bottom of the raditor is that the one that needs to be opened so i can put new clean water in. Thing is that the tap is so tight only turns 90 degrees what the best way to release it?
i know its a bit of a silly question but dont wanna bust it
cheers
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

You need 'anti-freeze' in you engine as it has an anti corrosion compound that keeps the internals from rusting up. As for the plug if it's any thing like the one on my Xsara it turns half way and then it pulls out slightly.
tjsingh

Post by tjsingh »

tried that but its seems to be stuck! anyway of making it unstuck?
beezer

Post by beezer »

Put a bowl under the bottom hose and remove that. Saves causing damage to threaded components that often break.
tjsingh

Post by tjsingh »

cheers will try that probably easier
is that located near the tap?
beezer

Post by beezer »

Usually at the bottom right hand corner but left corner as you look from front. Big hose with jubilee clip on. Lots of water will escape so be prepared!
bikeboyz
My Cars:

Post by bikeboyz »

Dont forget, keep to the same colour antifreeze, green cannot be mixed with red, or blue! If there is no antifreeze at all, its worth draining and flushing and starting from scratch, being very carefull to following the refilling and bleeding instructions. Antifreeze will also increase the boiling point of the liquid so offering better cooling properties in summer use.
burns

Post by burns »

Whats the best way to get rid of the water ou get out of the radiator? It seems a bit dodgy just chucking it down a drain, but I need to replace my coolant some time, it's not been done for ages.
ralph
My Cars:

Post by ralph »

Council tips only take waste oil. So down the drain it goes!