Xantia Estate Remote wont unlock boot!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

julianashcroft

Xantia Estate Remote wont unlock boot!

Post by julianashcroft »

The lock on the boot door on my 2000 Xantia Estate has been a bit interminant for a while now. While all the other doors would lock or unlock on a press of the key fob remote, the rear door would take maybe a couple presses or more to lock / unlock.
Today however it wouldn't unlock and my poor old Boxer dog had to clamber over the back seats to get out. I can see no way of opening the door from inside the car and as my remote no longer unlocks it I don't really know what to do.
Any suggestions most welcome.
Ash
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

No easy solution to that I'm afraid.
Try get your local mechanic to look at it. It's not a dedicated Citroen problem, but a rather common problem to all car makes.
The boot door may have to be stripped down from inside to access the lock mechanism to open the door. And then the fault must be corrected.
CBR600FV
My Cars:

Post by CBR600FV »

Had a similar problem on my Xsara estate recently. Try a search under "Xsara Tailgate" for the full story.
julianashcroft

Post by julianashcroft »

Thanks for the replies. The tailgate opened this morning on the third button press. I will do some investiagting at the weekend. Hopefully I will still be able to open it then.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Mine's the same but using the key seems to work better than the fob
Pete
________
Mexican cooking
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.
James.UK
My Cars:

Post by James.UK »

My boot has never opened with the remote (ZX).. it only opens with the key.. but then my elec windows will work with the ignition off if the door is open? handy if you forget to close them though lol.. Its a citroen for gawds sake! no two are the same!... lol