ZX Bushes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DarkendViper

ZX Bushes

Post by DarkendViper »

Hi all,
After a quick answer. The rear front subframe mounts on my car are on their way out and am going to replace them. Is there major difference between the ones listed on the site. IE is the one that has ALT next to it any worse quality or similar?
Could someone also tell me which bushes i need for the front wishbones and how many.
Thanks
Ste
Simon Canfer
My Cars:

Post by Simon Canfer »

Control arm bushes: 2 per side for part N42234 and one per side for the "p" bush, N42235.
The bushes are pressed in so a replacement control arm, that includes them, is my choice. Then next time you can prepare your control arms in advance!
Simon Canfer
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Hmm..not 100% sure if two front bushes are required for the control arms, you see it also says in the online shop that there are two front bushes required per side for the Xantia when there is very deffinately only one per side.
Look at the bush on your car, if you can see the metal flange of the bush on both sides of it then yes there are two, but if you can only see one flange (as on the Xantia) then its singular.
£12:50+vat for the rubber, £35+vat for the arm = no contest, and note it says no PAS, so going by that if you have PAS its not the right one anyway.
Bushes aren't rocket science so wouldn't think there is much to choose between them.
Dave
DarkendViper

Post by DarkendViper »

Thanks for the replies. Going to have a look in a bit about the front bushes. I was considering the whole arm but it says no PAS, where as my car does have PAS. Can anyone confirm whether they are the same arm or different.
And if different does GSF sell a PAS one?
Thanks
Ste
Simon Canfer
My Cars:

Post by Simon Canfer »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by DarkendViper</i>

Thanks for the replies. Going to have a look in a bit about the front bushes. I was considering the whole arm but it says no PAS, where as my car does have PAS. Can anyone confirm whether they are the same arm or different.
And if different does GSF sell a PAS one?
Thanks
Ste
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I enquired about this recently; "Andyspares Jon" helpfully replied - can't find the post now of course!
The arms are the same PAS/nonPAS but the ball joint (not included with the arms) differs.
My ZXs have certainly both had 2 bushes per arm, as do the 2 new arms I've just bought. Personally I can't have the car off the road for more than "5 minutes" at a time so the time/hassle saved by buying a complete arm should be worth it.
Simon