Alarm & Battery

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

espzetec

Alarm & Battery

Post by espzetec »

I noticed that when i disconnect the battery the alarm goes off and wont stop!
how do i stop this happening? According to the Xantia hand book i can put the key under the bonnet and turn an overide with it? Only thing is i dont have a clue where it is?
ANY HELP?
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

open the bonnet, the key socket is on your right up near the bonnet hinge, I think it only silences the alarm though, the headlamps will still flash unless you do some magic ritual best explained by one og the Xantia experts here;)
Stewart
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Headlights won't flash with the battery disconnected - they will when you connect back up though! Just lock and unlock the car should reset it.
If the car is later than about 96 it won't have the key switch under the bonnet - I think you just press the alarm kill button (on the dash on RHS of the steering wheel) for a few seconds with the ignition on till the red light starts flashing. Or something like that!
Panjandrum
My Cars:

Post by Panjandrum »

On my late '97 Activa if I open the door with the key, press the dash button and turn on the ignition - all within a short time like 10 seconds - the alarm will stop. Not easy with that noise going on, but possible.
PJ