Any tips for getting the metal clip on?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

beezer

Post by beezer »

Follow this link or look up clutch clip on the search engine: http://www.andyspares.com/discussionfor ... clip,metal
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Other way around... Clip metal bit onto plastic clip, then push cable in - course, when I was doing it, I was changing the clip not the cable..... Note there was a thread here a while back about changing a Xantia clutch cable where the GSF supplied one had too long a nipple on the end and wouldn't engage with the clip - a bit filed off the cable end sorted it IIRC.
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

When I replaced the clip, I used a long screwdriver wedged into the clip to get it into place, then another one to push it home.
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

I normally use a long three jaw grabber in a flexible sheath (I got 2 and a magnet on a stick for £1!)to locate the metal clip and then push it into place with a long screwdriver. The grabber can then be removed when the clip is safely in place
john alexander
My Cars:

Post by john alexander »

have I turned over two pages!!. why do you want to try and put the metal clip back on the end in situ. remove the pedal,it's only a nightmare the first time(I hope), fit the metal clip, refit the pedal,hold the pedal up and get someone to push the cable from the gearbox end. Bob Sherunkle.