How to see if a car still exists

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Rob Marshall

How to see if a car still exists

Post by Rob Marshall »

How can I find out if my old GS is still going? Is there a website which you can ype in the reg no & it'kll tell you if it still exists?
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

This is the place to go-
http://www.rac.co.uk/
Got it from the grneral chat site a while back-apologies to whoever posted it first!!!
Only ONE of my old motors is still going!!!
Just goes to show the state I sold them in...........
Rob Marshall

Post by Rob Marshall »

where do i click on from there?
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

where about on the site? I can't find anything?[:)]
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Go to the "my RAC" bit and register, you can then log in and start putting in the numberplates- its very addictive!!!!
shezads

Post by shezads »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bxbodger</i>

Go to the "my RAC" bit and register, you can then log in and start putting in the numberplates- its very addictive!!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Damn thats good!!
[:)]
DLM
My Cars:

Post by DLM »

Don't assume that all the cars listed there still exist - there are a couple on there I've scrapped in the last 18 months, carrying out the correct DVLA procedures.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thats Cool!
My V reg 2cv sold 6 years ago is still registered, as is my old white ZX Volcane TD that I sold 4 years because there was so much wrong with it! Lets hope the new owners not on this forum!
Amazingly, my old Visa D F reg is still there too, should have kept that.
Daniel B
My Cars:

Post by Daniel B »

Wow that is addictive!
All my old cars (All 2!) are still going :-)
Dan
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

I spotted (and took photos with my mobile :p) a D reg white Visa 17RD in Bristol at the weekend, not seen one for ages! My first car was an E reg 17RD :)
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Don't assume that because they're listed, they're still going.
I wrote off a car - a huge amount of damage, and it is still on there.
The date of the change of owner is correct ( me-insurance company ).
TomH
My Cars:

Post by TomH »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bxbodger</i>

This is the place to go-
http://www.rac.co.uk/
Got it from the grneral chat site a while back-apologies to whoever posted it first!!!
Only ONE of my old motors is still going!!!
Just goes to show the state I sold them in...........
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
probably me... I love doing that, although yeah it is not a reliable indicator of if a vehicle is still on the road, but it can indicate the last time it changed hands!
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Addictive - out of 17 cars and 5 bikes only 8 still remain on the road - most surprisingly of all is a Yamaha RXS motorbike - which has had a staggering 14 owners and last changed hands this August.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

What a find - a great site! My BXTZD which I got rid of nearly three years ago is still with its new owner. A 205 which had one previous owner when I got it, and sold two years ago has just recently been sold again. But a '91 205 which was also a one owner when I got it in '94 and kept for seven years is now showing seven previous owners. I'd love to know the present mileage because the girl I sold it to commuted with it every weekend between London and Lille.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Fascinating that!
Nice to see the BX 1.9 diesel that I sold in 2000 is apparently still registered to the person who bought it after me. I’d spent quite a bit of money on it and was sorry to see it go really.
Very amusing is the fact that the old Vauxhall Carlton my dad sold with 150k on the clock in 1992 (because he thought it was knackered) is still going & has had 5 more owners since then!
My BX 1.6 doesn’t seem to exist anymore, [:0] which is worrying because I know exactly where it is (the garage at my mum's), and still have the reg document in my name. It has been off the road for a while now though.