Internet spares

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

amjake

Internet spares

Post by amjake »

Anyone recommend a good site for spares on the internet.
I need a headlamp lens or unit for my 405 and a bonnet alarm sensor.
Cheers
Jake
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

errr www.gsfcarparts.com ?? [:D]
amjake

Post by amjake »

Thanks
Wood and trees come to mind !!!!
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Make sure you get the correct headlamp lens!
The higher spec & some of the very last GLX 405s had a built in main beam driving light in the headlamp & the lenses are different.
The alarm bonnet sensor is about £18 from a Peugeot dealer.
Tell us what spec your 405 is & Ill tell you what lens you need.
amjake

Post by amjake »

Hi PowerLee
1996 405 LXTD Estate with electric adjustable lamps.
I had been told you can buy just the lens but having sealed the crack about 3 years ago with glass sealant the inside is starting to go green as some damp has got in and I doubt it will get thru MOT next time.
Cheers again
Jake
PowerLee
Past:
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
A 405 LX is a very rare model to have, You can get just a lens kit on its own or the whole lamp assy its up to you.
The lens kit has the lens, a gasket & 6 spring clips.
To work out what type of headlamps you have ( single or twin vision ) Unclip the black plastic cover behind the lamp & have a look at the bulb fitted nearest to the grill, Is it a single white wire plugged onto a H1 type bulb ( Twin vision )
Or get a helper to switch the main beam on, Do you get 2 x bulbs lighting up bright in each headlamp? One in the main part of the headlamp assy & one next to the grill? ( Twin vision )
Or you can ask the Peugeot dealer.
Im 95% sure you will have twin vision headlamps fitted.
The grill has to come off to help fit the lens or headlamp, But then again the grill has to come off to fit the bonnet sensor so you can do both at the same time.
2 x 10mm bolts, One in each top corner of the grill & 2 x cross head screws, One in each bottom corner of the grill, Unclip the plastic bonnet safety catch from the grill assy & lift the whole grill away.
It helps to unclip the indicator from the back of the headlamp, Just a sprung clip holds it in place & unplug the brown connector to the indicator bulb.
Also it helps to unclip the plastic body coloured piece of trim under the headlamp, The black plastic clip holds it to the front wing & there are 3 lugs that hold the trim to the headlamp, Carefully unclip it because it breaks easily.
If you know someone with small hands ask for there help getting the bottom 2 clips on the new headlamp lens because the gap is a bit tight for big fingers.
Changing the headlamp assy is fairly easy, except the access to one of the bolts behind the indicator isnt very good.
The bonnet sensor just clips on to the bonnet latch, you will see the slot in the latch, Then there is a metal clip that pushes on the plastic fan surround to hold the wires.
While you have the grill off, Get a hoover & suck all the dead leaves out from behind the fans.
WARNING! The fans can run WITHOUT the key even being in the ignition, Do this when the engine is stone cold.
S.Dhuper
My Cars:

Post by S.Dhuper »

Hi PowerLee, you wrote:(If you know someone with small hands ask for there help getting the bottom 2 clips on the new headlamp lens because the gap is a bit tight for big fingers.)
I know what you mean I had to change the lens on my 405 GTX and there was alot of swearing going on[:(!] because you have to get the clips on the lens and the headlamp and it's a pain, in the manual they recommend to take out the headlamp but thats too much hassle, what I did first was too align the lens and then put one of the clips on the lens and then got a small screw driver and used that to push the clip over the headlamp, and that worked fine, I got the lens from, http://www.parts4peugeot.com/.
PowerLee
Past:
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

Hi
Thats what I did as well, Small screw driver & a helper with small fingers, lol.
Removing the headlamp is a real pain & not needed if you just want to change the lens, that bolt behind the indicator gives trouble because of the tight access to it.
amjake

Post by amjake »

Thanks Powerlee and all that helped on this.
Did the job today and went well, came apart easily and went back together easily.
2 points to help, on the old lens I marked where the bottom clips were, then marked the new lens in the same place and lined the clips up on them, used a big flat blade s/driver on the bow of the clip and they just popped on! I had to check it all over to make sure it was right as I couldn't believe it had gone so well!
2nd point, Whilst the lens was off I used a new duster to clean the silver reflector, that was OK but put a bit of spit on to rid some grot and the silver rubbed off, BE CAREFUL!!
Cheers all
amjake
hill

Post by hill »

Years ago I had a V6 Sierra and when I got it I thought somebody had chucked one of those little sachets of sugar from a cafe in the front fog lamps. Closer inspection revealed it to be one of those little bags of stuff you get in boxes of electrical equipment. If you're getting a bit of condensation in your lamps these things seem to absorb it!