Jacking and Axel Stands on Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mattpc

Jacking and Axel Stands on Xantia

Post by mattpc »

Hi, Was going to do my oil change today.. Found the flatest surface I could for the vehicle- still not that flat. Put suspension on max- couldn't get any axel stands under still. So jacked the vehicle- couldn't get the axel stand under again on the other side.. Tried a variety of jacking heights and still couldn't do it. Are my axel stands too big, is my suspension not rising to full height or is it just because I can't find a flat enough surface.
Sorry about all these noob questions..[:I]
beezer

Post by beezer »

I would try and borrow some ramps. Safer if you are not on level ground and less likely to damage underside of car.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Axel stands are still very useful though, if you’re doing anything in the future that involves taking the wheels off then ramps would be no good.
It sounds as though your axel stands are too big. I have a small set that fit very nicely under the front subframe with the suspension on high, or a bit of help from the jack if I need to get the car higher.
By the way, you're not using the standard Citroen spare wheel jack are you? A trolley jack makes it far easier.