tyre wear

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crooser

tyre wear

Post by crooser »

the n/s front tyre on my xm estate is wearing on the outside,offside is ok.i have had the toe in checked and all the ball joints.i can't find any play in the suspension,any ideas anyone?
Rich
My Cars:

Post by Rich »

Hello crooser, assuming the tyre pressures and such like are correct, i'd have a second opinion on the wheel alignment. Also, if the tyre is a directional one, is it fitted the correct way round on the rim?
Rich.
Xantia Exclusive HDi.
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

A few years ago, I had new tyres fitted by K**** F**, and the tracking adjusted.
A couple of weeks later, the tyres were wearing severely, so I took the car back to them. On checking, they said that the tracking was miles out, and corrected it, but wouldn't compensate me for the tyre wear because it 'might have changed through hitting a pothole or something'[:(!]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Therin lies a lesson for us all. Build yourself a laser tracker for under the cost of a "professional " adjustment, learn how to use it and leave the BLXXDY MONKEYS to buXXer up Fords!
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Crooser,
You may have an actual problem but if not....
This is very common on large front wheel drive cars with power steering that travel on roads with roundabouts.... and worse on a car that doesn't have its tyres up to pressure 100% of the time.
Known as Milton Keynes syndrome!
David
RichG
My Cars:

Post by RichG »

Tom,
Do you have details on how to build a DIY 'laser tracker'?
Richard
JackTar
My Cars:

Post by JackTar »

I had the same problem on my XM estate. It's usually the tyres that just need replacing.
Jim
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

Therin lies a lesson for us all. Build yourself a laser tracker for under the cost of a "professional " adjustment, learn how to use it and leave the BLXXDY MONKEYS to buXXer up Fords!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yes, c'mon Uncle Tom, tell us more!![?][?][?][?]
Alan S [8D]
crooser

Post by crooser »

thanks for the replies,i'll start from scratch again but with a different garage.i also would like to know about a homemade lazer so come on tom you have started something now,don't leave us in suspense.