Jon -- GFS. BX 16 V Gaskets ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

prm
My Cars:

Jon -- GFS. BX 16 V Gaskets ?

Post by prm »

Jon
Could you please advise on gaskets/components contained in the head set for 89 BX, P2 16v.
R
Peter
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Does this mean that you have already pulled the old one off, Peter? That's good going.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Message for TOM, can you drop me an email jon.wood@gsfcarparts.com
For Peter, I can only reply to your question in detail when I am at work on Monday, from memory it contains head gasket, rocker cover gskt, inlet manifold gasket, plus various other small seals.
prm
My Cars:

Post by prm »

Thanks Jon
Tom
Just thinking about it. !!
Personally-- firing on 3 cylinders at the moment.
Will send pm for plan of campaign with TZI
May have found temporary parking space for possible dismantle/storage ??
BTW -- Completed 3 operations on your front strut lubrication method. Very impressed.
No great difference in ride. this being due to up-rated spheres.
But main improvement being the removal of virtually all stiffness and juddering to maximum height.
One possible additional mod to this operation.??
What are your thoughts on installing say a 100ml in line container, vertical position, adjacent to LHM reservoir as a permanent lubricator when suspension is set to high. Or inserting return hose/s into LHM container ??
R
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Not sure that it is necessary, Peter. Ten minutes work on the six monthly checkup suggests that it isn't worth any more engineering. I suspect that the two air bleed pipes are needed for that purpose so although I toyed with the idea of a valve and reservoir, experience says that it isn't needed.
BTW if the ride isn't too good, check the uprated spheres have enough gas in them. PMs on this board tend to go astray from time to time. Try tomattomshepdotcodotuk.