306 heater probs

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bluntbaby

306 heater probs

Post by bluntbaby »

Hi guys, I bought a p reg 306 and have noticed that the heater dosent work, the blower is on (i can hear it) but no air, hot or cold, comeas out. the air vent switch to choose where it comes out from feels sloppy, like its not moving anything. i have tried pulling the switch out but it wont budge. am i gonna have to remove the dash to get a look at it or has anyone got any ideas? im a skint student so cant take it to the garage and lets just say im not an acomplished mechanic! any ideas would be great, thanks in advance.
bluntbaby

Post by bluntbaby »

come on guys, im really stuck here! I cant clear the windscreen because no hot air is coming out, yesterday i was driving with my head out the window, ace ventura style. come on guys, do me a favour![;)]
beezer

Post by beezer »

Does sound like a cable problem. Try and get to where it is attached at the heater end and open it manually. Wish I could help more but I am not familiar with the heater set up on a 306.
chriswales6

Post by chriswales6 »

The bulb has blown on one of my heater dials and I did look into changing it. I removed the stereo but there was no access from above the dials. I then had a look at the Haynes workshop manual in a shop and you have to go in through the front on the heater control.
The plastic surround on the front of the heater control needs to be removed, try using a flat screw driver. But be careful with it otherwise your likely to break the plastic or the clips holding it on. Then from what I remember the heater control is held in by a few screws. After looking at the work involved I decided that I couldn’t be bothered changing the bulb so sorry but I can’t give you any more help.
Chris
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

Did you resolve the problem? Was it the cable? Thanks
My blowers aren't currently working, along with the A/C and temperature control.
Thanks
Paulmi16
My Cars:

Post by Paulmi16 »

Try the green relay that belongs in the fusebox and controls the fan and heater/air con.
Paul.