CAR SECURITY BE CAREFULL WHERE YOU LEAVE IT!!!!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

CAR SECURITY BE CAREFULL WHERE YOU LEAVE IT!!!!

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I had a problem in a supermarket with a car of mine,(not a Citroen)where I parked in the car park. Now I have seen people get out of their cars, & open their doors against other cars usually these muppets park to close (lack of spacial awareness), but even when they do park, & leave enough space which is rare they will open the door(s) wide, & give the neighbouring car a clout. Worse still I happened to be walking near to a car, (I.E .about 2 rows away) that the driver was reversing while looking over his shoulder, & not looking forward at all, to check how close he was to the other car while he applied nearly full lock. Consequently the obvious happened, & I was too far away to warn him, & probably might have been told to F/ Off. . Yes, he managed to touch the other car, & continued to take his car down the side of the other car, & it all happened quite quickly. The driver should be required to go, & re-take their test & have an I.Q. test!
So, because of all this, I decided to leave my car parked further away from the main busy parking area, where all the bad driving, & inconsiderate behaviour takes place. Well I parked the car away from the others , but insight of the building, & in a clearly lit area. It appeared perfectly OK there, or so I thought !
The fact was that I left it there too long, & went to a few other shops nearby, which would normally not be a problem, or a cause for concern. Upon my return nothing appeared to be amiss, until my better half mentioned that there was a problem around the passenger side. I looked up, & across from the driver’s side wondering what the problem could be. I had approached the car from the driver’s side at a right angle, & it looked like it had not been touched. Although now walking around the car to her I could see straight away what had happened. Basically some T****R had decided to insert a lever/screwdriver at the top of the door to allow him to get his hand behind it, & then pull it outwards leaving a gap of about 15cm between the door, & the roof. I couldn’t believe it[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!] I have had this car 14 years, it’s also in good condition a rare car, & worth keeping. It’s been reliable, & I have enjoyed owning it.[:)][:)]
The car had many items in it, but they were in the boot not on show. The car is alarmed & immobilised, it also had a gear lever lock on it, & a krooklock device on it! What really get’s me really p****d off about all this, is that nothing was taken from the car ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, so I would love to know why the idiot that did this decided that it was clever to damage a 16 year old classic car! There was nothing obtained from the car so this act of stupidity probably from a CHAV type[}:)][}:)] was totally pointless.
So now I will not leave any car alone for too long, & wont let the Citroen suffer the same fate. Ironically although my Xantia Activa Turbo 2 won’t probably attract the attention of these low life, because even though the Citroen is a “hot – hatch” like the car that was attacked, it is actually a more subtle car that these morons would have no idea what it is. Note, the other car is nice & subtle, but not as subtle as the Citroen.
I hope the people that do this sort of crime, actually get to suffer the same problem on their car, so that they then realise what they put people through when this happens .Get a life you RICHARD HEADS!!!!!!!!!! [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

The local scum broke into a 306 like this in my street the other week, They bent the top of the door down & creased it, wrecking the door, but they couldnt get it open because of the DEADLOCKS.
Im just thankful the alarm I have warns scum away before they even touch my car.
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

This happened to my Xantia a few years ago. They took just £1.50 worth of 10 pence pieces out of the centre console, but it cost me £450 for a new door! [:(!][:(!]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Scum bags!!! Have never been broken in to but as for the drivers who leave no space, well where do I start? Having a 3 door Xsara VTR and driving the wifes Megane Convertible (2 door) you need a couple of inches more to get out and at 6'6" tall I need that little bit more on top of the extra inches. At Sainsburys a few weeks ago late night 2130hrs one car on the car park which holds about 600 cars. Popped in bought a bottle of wine came out and one of those Mitsubushi 'Animals' 4x4's was parked so I couldn't get the passenger door open for the wife. I was so p***ed off that I left a note on the windscreen asking for a tin opener next time. D**k head!
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

Well I suppose you should look at it in a 'glass is half full' kind of way - at least the car was still there when you got back to it. But I would also be well p1$$ed off. My first car, an old polo was stolen and there isnt a more sickening feeling. I thought, "Hmmm, Didnt I park the car here? Where the hell is it?! Ive also had someone shove a screwdriver in an old astra of mine but when the Alarm went off they must have legged it as nothing was missing, both were in Carparks where it would be quite possible for people to see what they were doing.[V]
Regarding the carpark door bashers, nothing infuriates me more! I NEVER open my car door onto anyone elses even if it means me squerming through a gap 2 cm's wide to get out of the car (caused by their poor parking obviously [8D] )- some people just dont seem to give a toss about other peoples property. I found a new little dent on mine the other day [:(!]
PowerLee
My Cars: Current - Slightly modified 2016 Pug 308 Puretech 130 Allure
Past:
2003 - 206 GLX TU3JP & 206 SE ET3JP4
1995 - 405 Executive XU10J2
1996 - 406 GLX XU10J4R
1994 - 405 GTX XU10J2

Post by PowerLee »

I remember at college I saw some silly women bash my car with her door & dent it, I was on the other side of the car park & she had gone before I could run over to her.
I got my own back though, I just keyed her car down both sides with a nice wavey pattern.
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

. I was so p***ed off that I left a note on the windscreen asking for a tin opener next time. D**k head!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Do what I do (working in the field I do i always have a selection of items in the car, one such box is an assortment of condoms....)
Placed a note on said altogether too closely parked car
"For the next time you feel the need to get so close..."
Attached to a (new) mint flavoured extra thick ribbed prophalactic.[;)]
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

Actually just to add to that last post, you can immagine the hilarity at the police station when i reported my old Fiasco missing allong with its (never recovered) contents of 100 needles and syringes and 240 assorted flavoured condoms and a box of lubricating gel.....
When they released me from the cells.......[;)]
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

I once had a nice little Maestro[:I](it got me around!).Parked in a car park,went to shops,came back 10 muns later & the key wouldn`t go into the lock.It had been screwdriver`d.All they took was half a can of lighter fluid & a packet of sweets![:(!]Didn`t even take the radio.
I had a Sierra sapphire a few yrs ago.Parking at my old work was always a bit tight.Got in the car 1 day,& some £$%^ had hit it from the rear bumper to the front door,paint all scratched & dented all the way along.Luckly,he was caught on the cctv.After a bit of a gentle chat,[:D][}:)], he got me 2 new doors & a wing,& £50 for paint.
I too always park a bit away from the main entrance at the shops,in plenty of space.Last year i came back to the car,the person next to me had opened their door onto mine,hard.A big dent & paint missing on mine,& my green paint on theirs![:(!]I couldn`t be botherd to wait & have an argument,so i ran my key down the length of their new Focus[:D][}:)][:I][:(!].I know what some of you may think to that,but i was [:(!].
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by np</i>

I couldn`t be botherd to wait & have an argument,so i ran my key down the length of their new Focus[:D][}:)][:I][:(!].I know what some of you may think to that,but i was [:(!].
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I agree with you to be honest, they deserved it, maybe if everyone did what you did they wouldnt be so careless in the first place![^] I do like a good argument though all the same![}:)]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

Occasionally there is some justice in the world....
A friend of mine used to live on an estate where a couple of the local kids had been stealing petrol from people’s cars. The method they used was to crawl underneath the car with some petrol cans, cut through the fuel pipes then fill the cans with the contents.
Anyway, one night one of the little b******* saw a BX parked in an isolated spot, so he crawled part way underneath it and, finding a bundle of metal pipes, assumed they must be fuel lines and cut through them.....[:D][:D]
Apparently it took 4 coppers to lift the car up enough to get his leg out which was trapped under it, by which time a crowd of people had gathered, some of whom had had fuel stolen by him in the past. He wasn’t badly injured but, the fuel thefts mysteriously stopped after that!
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

I bet the old bill really got a move on to that one. How long did they take to arrive? Should of left him there.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

I hope that the owner was compensated for the repipe!
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

I seem to recall that the car he had been trying to take petrol from turned out to be a diesel anyway !
I doubt they got compensation for the pipes, but personally I could have lived with the cost of that knowing that the car had trapped the little sod for an hour or two.
Rich
My Cars:

Post by Rich »

Hmm, interesting this subject, i always thought my Xantia would be safe parked at my place of work while i'm out on the road (HGV Driver) WRONG! I returned to the yard one day during the summer, and noticed tyre marks really close to my car, possibly tyre marks from a fork lift truck. Then, looking round the car, i noticed the front bumper and number plate had been smashed and the bonnet pushed up, obviously by something very heavy falling onto it (probably from a fork lift truck!) I reported it to the muppets that own the yard and they said that it could not have been one of their employees that had done it. Hmm, so the fairy f****** god mother did it then! Anyway, i hoped i'd get a new bumper and plate out of them but they refused, only offering me a new plate. Moral of the story is; they are tighter than a ducks **** under water, and, my car would be safer parked in the Inglewood district of LA with the keys in the ignition!
Okay, rant over!
Rich.
Xantia Exclusive HDi.