Xsara locks help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JHD

Xsara locks help

Post by JHD »

can anybody help me please my Xsara exclusive 16v 1997 has constant problems with the locking I have repaired the wiring in the door hingeway so can at the moment lockthe car with the key but the buttons and the alarm do not work and the wires look as if they will not last long.citroen want a small fortube to replace all the wiring all the locks keys etc..as you can guess. ANY help would be great because when it goes wrong I can't lock the car in any way as the central locking throws it back open. IN HOPE J
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

So you can lock the car with the key in the door lock but not with the remote on the key fob? Is that what your saying. If so is the key fob battery new or need replacing?. As for the door not locking when shut this is the door telling the system that a door is open or on the latch so to speak. In the door it self the sensor / switch is around the where the latch is. This may be duff and telling your central locking the a door is still open hence the locks bouncing open agin. I know that if I just push my Xsara door too with out it actually locking it jsy bounces the locks open.
JHD

Post by JHD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

So you can lock the car with the key in the door lock but not with the remote on the key fob? Is that what your saying. If so is the key fob battery new or need replacing?. As for the door not locking when shut this is the door telling the system that a door is open or on the latch so to speak. In the door it self the sensor / switch is around the where the latch is. This may be duff and telling your central locking the a door is still open hence the locks bouncing open agin. I know that if I just push my Xsara door too with out it actually locking it jsy bounces the locks open.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
JHD

Post by JHD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Stuart McB</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Thanks Stuart. I've checked the battery its ok I've resoldered the broken wires in the hingeway Now, I'm at the point that the car locks ok with the key only (not sure how long the wires will last though)but the key will not work with the buttons I've two keys neither work one I have found one of the micro switches broken off though so no wonder that one does not work (just thought I suppose there could be a hair line crack on one of the other micro switches) I'll have a look but I don't suppose it is the sort of thing you could even SEE.I don't know what else to do to get the remote/key/alarm working again it's not my field, any help much welcome.