XANTIA REV COUNTER NOT WORKING

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACTIVE8
My Cars:

XANTIA REV COUNTER NOT WORKING

Post by ACTIVE8 »

I had a problem with my Xantia which related to the rev counter being stuck around at the top end of the dial area, and couldn't get it to work. The car had been recently purchased,& I was getting used to it.So as with any new car you find where the different switches are, & get to know it but, I couldn't find the heated rear window switch.In frustration I resorted to the owners manual & found it.Citroen unlike any other manufacturers vehicles I have encountered do not place it on a dashboard switch.As most of you reading this will know it's on the end of the right-hand side steering column stalk.Now,not only could I use this but,by switching it off & on it also seemed to cure the problem with the rev counter, because now when I went out for a drive it was apparent that it was now working & nothing prior to that had any effect on getting it working.This was obviously very pleasing, because I had expected more work than this to get it working.
So please tell me have any of you encountered a problem with your rev counters & if so what did you do to fix your problem?
funkster
My Cars:

Post by funkster »

Are you talking about right around the other side of the minimum/plastic stop thingy?