Citroen AX Radio Help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andylockran
My Cars:

Citroen AX Radio Help

Post by andylockran »

Hey guys,
I have had my AX since January 2004 and recently the radio just stopped working. It was a panasonic, but had been working great for the last 8 months. I bought a Sony replacement, fixed all the wiring, had it checked by a h***ords technician, but there is no power to the unit. The unit was also checked by teh h***ords technician and worked fine.
I've checked the in-line fuse. Is there anything else I should Check.
Thanks,
Andy
beezer

Post by beezer »

Is there a dedicated fuse in the fuse box? Try taking a live feed to the in-line fuse. A multimeter is the ideal piece of equipment.
gradeafailure
My Cars:

Post by gradeafailure »

Hi Andy - do you have access to a multimeter at all? Or has the wiring already been checked to the point where you know you're getting volts at the connector for the stereo?
If you're anywhere around the south Surrey/north Hampshire area I'd be happy to have a look at it if you like...
andylockran
My Cars:

Post by andylockran »

Thanks for your help.
Unofortunately no access to mulitmeter, but symptoms suggest there is no voltage @ connection.
I'm going between home @ Solihull and Uni @ Crewe, so unless there's anyone around Crewe i'm unlikely to be able to take up a kind offer such as yours, much appreciated though.
No fuses seem to have blown in the fuse box under the steering wheel.
Is there anything obvious i'm missing?
Andrew
beezer

Post by beezer »

I think there must be a break in the wiring on the positive feed to the in-line fuse. It should be fairly straightforward to run a new wire from the fusebox.
andylockran
My Cars:

Post by andylockran »

Thanks for that bit of advice - just going to check it now. It also appears that my earth isn't connected - is that a likely cause of the power going off on both radios?
It may have disconnected from the old one, hence why that stopped working.
beezer

Post by beezer »

Could well be, though most radios will get a ground connection from the aerial which can be enough to power it up. You may well find that reconnecting the ground will solve the problem.