Paint jobs - bonnet, grille, light caps...

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Q4Legend
My Cars:

Paint jobs - bonnet, grille, light caps...

Post by Q4Legend »

What is a realistic price to be charged (by a garage) for spraying a Peugeot 306 bonnet, grille and healight strips in metallic diablo red?
The bonnet is used and would need a little putty work (minor stone chippings etc) but the grille and light strips are new.
I would expect there to be a laquer finish and also the inside of the bonnet to be flashed over.
I live in Newcastle, NE England.
Thanks
solara

Post by solara »

I was in your position this time last year.
Mines was metallic grey + lacquer finish.
I got quotes from various bodyspray shops of £350 to £600 (greater london area).
These quotes were for just spraying (I did all the prep+finish work, fitting new bonnet, grill, front panel and headlight trims ).
Finally got a friends neighbour to do it for £250. Cant complain about the finish. Still hard to detect panels were sprayed, even under a street lamp.
Happy hunting
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

Q$ how far do you want to travel for it? check www.pgacnortheast.co.uk we have a list of reccomended companies. Sure there is a place reccomended up your way, possibly sunderland. I'm from M'bro
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

just had a quick look, company I'm thinking of isnt listed sure its called PPS or something similar. These are listed and they are excellent, I have seen some of their work.
Wilsons Coachworks
Tel: (0191) 4104988
Address: Portobello Rd, Portobello, Chester-Le-Street DH32SN - Map
Services: Body repairs, Resprays, Body kit fitting, and other custom work
Q4Legend
My Cars:

Post by Q4Legend »

Hey,
Thanks for all the replies.
New parts are already fitted (by myself) and I was driving around in a multi-coloured 306!!. Went to 3 local coachworks and got a few telephone quotes (including the one from Sunderland, cheers).
Managed to get a quote of £175 from a local place, of good reputation. He quoted £280 and we just haggled really. Told him I wanted to use him but couldn't afford more coz I'd upgraded the car recently - hence the need for a re-spray.
Dropped car off last night and pick it up on Saturday. Told him if it wasn't to the highest standard he wouldn't get paid and he assured me it will be. Bit nervous but pleased with the price all the same. My father in law has assured me they will do a decent job, and I have to believe him.
Wish me luck and I'll report back next week.
Q4Legend
P.S. Just goes to show you should ALWAYS haggle. I'm in a band and we always get at least 15-20% off any kit we buy. Same rule applies to most firms/products everywhere
P.P.S. The Sunderland guy quoted £150 (without the mirrors which I decided to have included yesterday) and seems a nice chap. Too far for me persoanlly and a lot of hassle but the guy was very friendly and gave me an excellent starting price to haggle with. Cheers for the info :)