205 rear wiper

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gradeafailure
My Cars:

205 rear wiper

Post by gradeafailure »

A friend of mine has just bought a very basic J-plate 1.0 205 Trio, which doesn't have a rear wiper, and she would like one. I've had a check inside the boot lid and the wiring for one appears to be present and correct, so is it likely to be the same at the other end? I'm assuming that all i'd need is the steering column stalk, a wiper motor and arm - can anyone confirm/deny this?
cheers!
beezer

Post by beezer »

Sounds about right! You may have to add a fuse. Don't have my wiring diagrams at hand.
gradeafailure
My Cars:

Post by gradeafailure »

No worries! My friend is also now complaining that there's no intermittent setting on the front wipers - is this going to be a simple case of new wiper stalk and a relay?
Cheers!
beezer

Post by beezer »

I think it is more than a relay. Some have a triac circuit. Looks like a relay. Best thing is try and come away from a scrappie with a complete fuse board. That way you know you will have the right bits. You can follow the circuit from the wiper fuse which is marked on the board.
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

did the exact same thing myself 1 month ago,, al lyou need is the wiper stalk, motor arm, washer bottle thing, & the fuse is on the tailsgate on t elittle white plastic bobble thing.. easy to change all over takes about 30 mins[:D]