zx diesel coolant hose

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mpr1956
My Cars:

zx diesel coolant hose

Post by mpr1956 »

Hi, I'm going to have to change my "bottom" radiator coolant hose.. and having looked at where it attaches behind the engine, wondered if anyone had an idea how i could make it easier for myself ( haynes doesn't go there.. should I?)
beezer

Post by beezer »

Getting the old one off is a pig indeed. It can be a case of splitting the clip. Sometimes you can gain advantage by supporting the engine and removing the top mount. This way you can pull the engine back a bit and get down behind from above (may give you problems lining up top mount again though unless you have lots of muscle or a hoist). When you replace the hose it is an idea to use a stainless clip and position the adjuster screw so that it can be reached from underneath with a long screwdriver at an angle of around 45 degrees. Bear in mind also that a decent jubilee clip has a hex head with a slot so you can use a wrench if it is easier - I have had clips with 6mm, 7mm and 8mm heads so check before you put it on the car to avoid the usual contortions that are the joy of working with transverse engines.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

I seem to remember Jon had problems with his shortly before he sold it - may be worth a search to see what he did.
jeremy