Bx and Xantia door levers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bernie
My Cars:

Bx and Xantia door levers

Post by bernie »

They are in different positions on the doors and I keep forgeting where they are when I swop cars[:(]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Oldtimers disease.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

You just don't appreciate the problems it causes.
It takes ages to get out of the car in the dark.[:(!]
Oh 400 posts[:)]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Lol at the 400 posts!
I can find the handles annoying because i can never get rid of people, i'll happily give someone a lift, but its stupid when i have to open my door to turn the interior lights on so they can get out! INSANE!
oah well, ho hum
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Security-minded passengers should always check the position of the interior door handle when entering a strange car (and I don't mean that Citroëns are strange (or do I?)).
//NiSk
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Well there could be method in their madness.
I once saw a posting out here from a female CX owner who obviously either had a good sense of humour or a mean streak in her.
It seems that she lived in a car theft prone area and was sick of the toerags breaking side windows to get into the car, so she left the drivers door unlocked deliberately and installed an alarm. CX doors are heavy & tend to drop shut quite easily (bruises on legs as proof) BUT, have you ever tried to find the door handle inside a series one CX?
So the scenario was; toerag checks drivers door finds open. Opens & gets into car; 30 seconds from when he stated the alarm triggers just after door falls shut. Toerag goes for the door handle but gets arm rest and panics, dives to other side, same result. Door opens and aforesaid ladys boyfriend, big, nasty, and with an attitude problem is there to haul intruder out by the scruff of the neck and "counsel" him.
Break ins stopped fairly wuickly after a few of these, so maybe it was planned this way; they are French after all.[8D][;)][;)][}:)]
Alan S [:o)]
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

^ ha ha ha ^
prm
My Cars:

Post by prm »

Bernie
As you have now been publicly diagnosed with old-timers, similar to me.
I would like to congratulate you on over 400 posts. But would like to point out, the previous 399 posts were relating to --Problems inserting ignition keys.
R
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Peter, he can be dangerous when roused and after 399 postings knows exactly where to insert the key.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

[:D]
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Funny - I always say to a passenger struggling to find the door handle - 'look for the ashtray and pull it' - works on Bx and has worked on other cars as well!
Jeremy