heater fault

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tonespeed1999
My Cars:

heater fault

Post by tonespeed1999 »

i have a 1998 peugeot 306 1.9 td,it has air con fitted.the problem i have is: when the hot/cold dial is turned to cold, it will blow cold ok!. but when you turn the control one click warmer it blows very hot!.its either all or nothing!!.i have replaced the main curcuit board behind the heater controls(as instructed by the local peugeot agent)but it is still the same!![V].i have checked most of the wiring and motors etc,but cant find any faults!! CAN ANYONE HELP!!!
12/11/04,just tried a heater curcuit board from another 306 with aircon, every thing works as it should,looks like peugeot sold me a dud part!!.hope the new one sorts it when i get it on monday!
NEVER TRUST A MAIN AGENT(WE HAVE TO TAKE THERE WORD FOR IT THAT THE PART IS BRAND NEW,EVEN WHEN THE BOX ISNT SEALED!!).
tonespeed1999
My Cars:

Post by tonespeed1999 »

fitted the replacement curcuit board this morning,but the new one has the same faults as the other new one!!.if i plug in the second hand curcuit board every thing works ok?
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE NEW CURCUIT BOARDS NEED PROGRAMMING BY A PEUGEOT AGENT??.according to my local agent in grimsby they dont!
grattsim

Post by grattsim »

Where is the circuit board located? Does this also control the the blower motor?
I have a (99/T) Dturbo and seem to have nothing from the switches at all. No lights and now power.
Thanks