106 radio reset?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

des0tds
My Cars:

106 radio reset?

Post by des0tds »

Folks,
I have a K-reg 106 with "built in" standard radio. The car was sitting idle for around 4 months, during which the battery went completely dead. I've now got the car back on the road, but the radio's done something funny. I know the radio code, but the radio doesn't seem to let me enter it - when turned on, the radio's displaying something like "112 3" (where the last three is small compared to the others).
Does anyone have any obvious suggestions? And if they include removing the radio, any suggestions as to how to do that?! Or is there a radio power supply plug I can pull elsewhere?
Thanks everyone!
Tim
Peter D
My Cars:

Post by Peter D »

Remove all power to the radio for 2 mins and then reapply power as cleanly as possible. This may sort your prob. Regards Peter
des0tds
My Cars:

Post by des0tds »

Thanks Peter, but how do I remove the power? Do you literally mean disconnect the battery entirely? Or is there an easier way?
Tim
chriswales6

Post by chriswales6 »

If you can remove the stereo from the dashboard then you can disconnect the power supply from the back of the unit. Or you could try removing the fuse that controls the radio, this normally runs the interior light as well. If you don’t have a wiring diagram you can try pulling fuses out of the fuse box at random until the radio does dead.
Or just disconnect the negative terminal of the battery, this is the option I would take since it would only take a few seconds work with a spanner.
Cheers
Chris