Xantia Headlamp Bulb Changing Tip Wanted

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

martyhopkirk

Xantia Headlamp Bulb Changing Tip Wanted

Post by martyhopkirk »

Just bought a ship load of bulbs today for my ZX (see general chat if you really must).
Also decided to treat the Xantia to some Xenon Gassed jobs Only when i popped the bonet i found acces to the Passenger side ok (tigt, but ok) - but some bloody fool has gone and designed a ruddy great plastic box and some pipes right behind the drivers side lamp.
As it was cold i closed the bonnet and though sod that for a game of soldiers - so any tips? or should i leave it to the garage next service time??? could find nothing in my Haynes BOL or handbook.
Car is 2.0 HDI Xantia (2000).
Ta.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

Marty,
On mine there are 2 pipes held by a plastic clip which if removed gives you access.
Then remove the metal clip and headlamp backing panel.[:)]
Or it's not that much more effort to remove the lamp complete.
Remove indicator lamp by pressing down on the tab at the top and pull lamp out frontways.
Remove 2 white plastic clothes pegs either end of the trim beneath the headlamp.
Pull the trim out frontways.
Remove the 2 5mm allen bolts you have just uncovered.
Remove the top allen bolt and the lamp can be pulled out frontways after pulling off the wiring loom from the bulbs.
Sounds a lot of work but it's pretty easy.
p20

Post by p20 »

Cheers Bernie. Had to use this info to change my headlight bulbs. Nice clear instructions, made the job so easy. Thanks.[:D][:D]