auto diagnosis light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ACEFR3HL3Y
My Cars:

auto diagnosis light

Post by ACEFR3HL3Y »

Hi,the auto diagnosis light(top left on panel) on my Xantia has decided to come on and stay on,car seems to be running ok when this light is lit but it occasionally will not start first time but will start second turn of the key,don't see many topics regarding this but the ones I have seen seem to think it is not a problem as long as the car runs ok,any one got any ideas as to why this would come on?.I travel a fairly long distance twice a week and would not like something to go wrong,any suggestions out there as to what could be the cause of this,really appreciate it,keep up the good work all [:)]
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Which engine? You could try disconnecting the battery for a while. Know your radio code before doing so.
ACEFR3HL3Y
My Cars:

Post by ACEFR3HL3Y »

Xantia is a 2.0 SX petrol,I will try disconnecting/reconnecting battery tomorrow,will let you know how it goes,thnx
Stempy
My Cars: C5 V6 Mk1 assainated by wife
Renault Kangoo 1.6 auto, tarted up and remapped
Still missing the Xantia V6
Not missing the AX

Post by Stempy »

You just need to read the fault codes. If it's an older model you may be able to do it with a cheap Halfords job, but newer models will need a more expensive unit or a trip to your local dealer.
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

I saw a circuit on the Xantia-L site the other day should be easy enought to knock up can't remember the exact place on the site, but you do get a different set of views there http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Xantia-L, do any of you guys post there?
________
BREAKUP ADVICE FORUMS
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:56, edited 1 time in total.
ACEFR3HL3Y
My Cars:

Post by ACEFR3HL3Y »

tried disconnecting and reconnecting battery,but do I need to leave it disconnected for a long(ish)period of time or reconnect straight away(what would this do? reset ecu)?? I done this anyway,left for only a few minutes but light is still on,also,engine seems to cut out every now any then,but sometimes will be ok,could it be anything to do with injectors?? needing cleaned maybe?advice appreciated thnx
ACEFR3HL3Y
My Cars:

Post by ACEFR3HL3Y »

tried again disconnecting battery,left it for a while and then reconnected,seemed to have done the trick,came back on briefly a couple of times but now seems to be ok,not been on for a few days now and also hasn't cut out,so fingers crossed,thnx