Tin of worms..........

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

Tin of worms..........

Post by paranoid »

tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Yes, I went through this site some time ago. Bunch of nitwits who think that they know about cars and reckon that it is a good idea to wind up the paramilitary wing of the green globe gang.
I forsee unpleasant consequences!
adzbaby
My Cars:

Post by adzbaby »

'Citroen decided to try this technique with six monkeys and a bag of meccano. The BX took them 12 minutes to make (including a 2 minute banana break).'
Thats great! ;)
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tomsheppard</i>

Bunch of nitwits who think that they know about cars and reckon that it is a good idea to wind up the paramilitary wing of the green globe gang.
I forsee unpleasant consequences!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
...they will probably wake up to find the front of their houses daubed with green fluid, and a warped cylinder head in their bed [:D]
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I think I've worked it out; they're a bunch of male(?) hairdressers and this is just repeating the words from the "salon/bar"
"Mnnnn, ya know ducky, I think those Seetrens are jurst awrrfull the way they look....mmmnnnnnn, my second best friend was going to buy one, but I talked him out of it, arfter all, I woodnt want to be seen dead in that leaving the bar....terribly butch dorn't ya think?? Luurve the Mazda though....really me..."[:p][}:)][:D]
Alan S [:D]
nick
My Cars:

Post by nick »

[:D]
I still go by my grandad's philosophy on the appearance of cars;
"It doesn't matter how the outside of your car looks, because when you're driving it you're the only person on the road who can't see it!"
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I wonder what these paragons of good taste drive themselves?
Stewart
czenda
My Cars:

Post by czenda »

Outer appearance of BX is surely no wonder, but given the time period when the design emerged, I believe it still beats any Ford or Opel. For me, the ugliest car ever made is (almost any) Opel. Hardly surprising, considering that the company is owned by GM...
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

The answer to what they drive is easy, BMW Z3, it apparently has 18 badges on the outside identifying it as a beamer, sounds like they would need to be told what they drive on a regular basis because what ever it is, is likely to be so bland as to need that level of identification [:D] [:D] [:D] , the other possibility is the Fiat Multipla....... practical, and that ginger headed nut on C4s driven rates it as one of the greatest designs ever ??????? The other possibility of course is that they don't wish to recognised anywhere, when people ask where I live, the minute I mention Citroens, they say "oh yeah the house at the crossroads on the right?" well it's fame of a sort...................... [:D] [:D] and anyway at least the monkeys could be bothered.
________
E53
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

And as we ALL know by now, the BX was designed by Marcello Gandini. (Not Bertone; This was taken on as a consultancy exercise by Gandini as his golden handshake from the company.)
That is why it looks like the lovechild of a DS and a Countach.
Hooray! success! I have finally come up with a description of the BX's styling!
prm
My Cars:

Post by prm »

Well I managed 21 paper bags from five previous cars and one present. Sad I know, --- And I like bananas.
Financially wish I still owned some of them.
It would appear they don't actually drive. Just cadge lifts.
Maybe some manufactures should employ the same group of monkeys with their current designs. Might enable them to also sell 2.5 million plus cars.
Must admit -- certain sections on a BX do resemble a banana shape.!! They never made a yellow one ??
Peter
bxbodger
My Cars:

Post by bxbodger »

Never mention Politics, Religeon, and now someones choice of moneypit!!!
Relax, everyone, Its harmless fun!!!!I seem to have owned most of the worst cars on there.........
Its an entertaining site if you dig deeply- go to the nominations, there's a pic of a Police spec Visa,and further on someone called Mark, (not someone here, is it?) nominates virtually every car in the world and advises people to get a Citroen, and a few comments below his is a pic of a 10 wheeled DS with twin rear V8's[:0][:p]!!!!!! This is apparantly some sort of Michelin test or promotion vehicle- any further info, anyone ever seen it??
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

I liked the comparison with the Countach/DS hybrid, I was initially taken with the poise of the vehicle, as an endoro rider I had samples supple long travel suspensions, and the ultimate working example of these is the Citroen system in its various guises.
Stewart ;)
ghostrider
My Cars:

Post by ghostrider »

Yeah the 8 wheel DS was a test vehicle for michelin who I believe were part owned by citroen or was it the other way round, there were some great pics and an article in Citroenian some years back about it
________
Babi Mac Proved That
Last edited by ghostrider on 22 Feb 2011, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

other way round. Citroen went bust just before they brought out the 'traction avant' (which is the only reason that the Citroen company still exists), when they went bust Michelin bought them out. In fact the original hydraulic suspension concept was only allowed to exist because Michelin wanted a way to test some sort of special tyre. Anyways, michelin eventually got bored of owning a car company and only wanted to sell tyres. There was some sort of legal bettle between Renault (who wanted to liquidate Citroen) and Peugeot. Some french judge type eventually decided that Peugeot could have Citroen (seem to think they had a really naff bid in comparison to Renault), but they had to stay as seperate companies, and thus the forming of PSA!
Thats kind of the brief over view according to vanny, probably not turly accurate, but michelin did own citroen for quite a few years!