CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
KP
Posts: 3980
Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
x 27

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by KP »

Man they really are on a hidden mission to reduce power use on devices these days :(
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Posts: 7098
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
x 95

Unread post by addo »

Wait for April 1st next year... Someone will be offering Hoover remaps from 1600W to 1850W.
User avatar
Chris570
(Donor 2020)
Posts: 1487
Joined: 12 Dec 2009, 14:10
x 36

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by Chris570 »

well thanks for ruining my business plans
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2018 Renault Zoe,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Chris570 wrote:well thanks for ruining my business plans
It's OK Chris. Only we know about it. Your secret is safe with us :wink:
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
Hell Razor5543
(Donor 2023)
Posts: 14308
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 3306

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by Hell Razor5543 »

I recently got rid of a vacuum cleaner that I didn't need. It was just gathering dust.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+

Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:I recently got rid of a vacuum cleaner that I didn't need. It was just gathering dust.

That joke sucks James...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
Northern_Mike

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by Northern_Mike »

KP wrote:Man they really are on a hidden mission to reduce power use on devices these days :(
I think this is a good thing, because my leccy bills will get cheaper, and it'll force the manufacturers not to be so lazy and give us good stuff that is economical - much like the emissions regs have forced car makers into giving us small, but powerful and economical engines.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

northern_mike wrote:
KP wrote:Man they really are on a hidden mission to reduce power use on devices these days :(
I think this is a good thing, because my leccy bills will get cheaper.
Sod the electricity bill, it's the cleanliness of my house that I'm primarily concerned about...

I want a Hoover that will suck every last microgram of dirt out of my carpets..

The makers of Henry and friends have already allegedly released a low wattage model that performs as well as a 2000W model...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
KP
Posts: 3980
Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
x 27

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by KP »

Pfft, you want a nice hepa+ type unit so that it chicks out cleaner air as well Jim :)

One reason I have my dyson as the foam filters get a good head and shoulders every year and then a final rinse with antibacterial hand gel as well to help keep stuff dead for a while till the next clean :)
Northern_Mike

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote:
The makers of Henry and friends have already allegedly released a low wattage model that performs as well as a 2000W model...
Exactly my point Jim, they've been too lazy to do this in the past, and now have been forced to do so..saving us all some money and some resources.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Will, mine is a HEPA job as I'm very sensitive, nay allergic, to dust of all kinds and that's why I need an excellent Hoover. I use it almost every other day...

The Hoover I have (it is actually a Hoover) has so far ticked all the boxes for me.

Mike, my experience with Henry is he's not much of a sucker anyway so anything has to be an improvement...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
KP
Posts: 3980
Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
x 27

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by KP »

Good lad Jim :) I find mine helps as soon as I have any asthma issues when I wake up(the only time really!) the bedroom gets a full pull everything out Hoover and not just the normal quick once over :)

The motorhead I've found is great on car mats and boots especially if a dog has been near anything lol
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28691
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
x 5674

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by myglaren »

I'm sticking with my 2kW Míele.
I'm having free leccy installed so the consumption is meaningless!
I can leave my lights, TVs and stereos on all day long, even though I won't be home to appreciate them :)
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Free leccy Steve?

How? Lots of solar panels on the roof or are you having the local pikies do a meter bypass for you?
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
KP
Posts: 3980
Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
x 27

Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales

Unread post by KP »

Isn't the free leccy just what's generated by the panels so prob not loads unless the sun is out and beatings down in the middle of a heat wave in the UK :)